RadRunner Center Console is it any good?

steveinyork

I'm hoping to buy a Radrunner in the next few months and I'm thinking about getting the center console but I'm not sure if it going to be sturdy enough?

I want to be able to take my dog on the bike (small Jack Russell 7kg) and was wondering if she'd fit in the ccenter console, minus the lid or would something on the back be better?

I've not seen many dog carriers for e-bikes, can anyone recommend any?

I`m getting the bike and center console tomorrow. I plan to put my kid`s backpack (six year old) in there. Will share results as soon as tested.

Hi Steve,

So I finally got the bike built and took it for a 5 km test drive this afternoon. First impressions...AWESOME! Hit 33 kph top speed on throttle only, 28 psi on both tires (will try 25 psi or less as it was uncomfortably hard on crap asphalt). Also, going to take it to a bike shop this weekend to get the breaks adjusted professionally. The disks were touching the pads slightly factory sent. I tried to adjust via the twist dial setting both front and back, but now the breaks are not as responsive as they should be. They still work great, but I feel I should not be pressing on the brake handles as much, since they are disk brakes and not the common type I'm used to.

Back to your initial question, attached are some pictures of my daughter's biggest plush toy. Length: 50 cm (without tail), Height: 30 cm, Width: 18 (all max figures).

As for the measurements of the center console: Length: 38 cm (36 minimum due to protruding center tubing), Height: 30 cm (27 cm minimum due to protruding center tubing), Width: 18 cm (front part), then 19 cm, 18 cm, 16 cm, and progressively down all the way to 10 cm (end part).

From my perspective, without some padding in the interior, it will be very uncomfortable for any pet to ride along. Keep that in mind since that will take away space.

I hope this helps you out!

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,192
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 945
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,768
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 901
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,062
Last edited:
Hi Steve,

So I finally got the bike built and took it for a 5 km test drive this afternoon. First impressions...AWESOME! Hit 33 kph top speed on throttle only, 28 psi on both tires (will try 25 psi or less as it was uncomfortably hard on crap asphalt). Also, going to take it to a bike shop this weekend to get the breaks adjusted professionally. The disks were touching the pads slightly factory sent. I tried to adjust via the twist dial setting both front and back, but now the breaks are not as responsive as they should be. They still work great, but I feel I should not be pressing on the brake handles as much, since they are disk brakes and not the common type I'm used to.

Back to your initial question, attached are some pictures of my daughter's biggest plush toy. Length: 50 cm (without tail), Height: 30 cm, Width: 18 (all max figures).

As for the measurements of the center console: Length: 38 cm (36 minimum due to protruding center tubing), Height: 30 cm (27 cm minimum due to protruding center tubing), Width: 18 cm (front part), then 19 cm, 18 cm, 16 cm, and progressively down all the way to 10 cm (end part).

From my perspective, without some padding in the interior, it will be very uncomfortable for any pet to ride along. Keep that in mind since that will take away space.

I hope this helps you out!

Hi Coolio,

A massive thank you to you for taking the time to take the pictures and your daughter for the loan of the stand-in.

The dimensions of the soft toy are pretty similar to my dog so I think your right its going to be a bit of squeeze especially as it narrows where she's going to sit, I think something on the rear rack might be better.

Thanks again from me and Pepper!

Attachments

• IMG_20190903_100126457_BURST012.jpg
    IMG_20190903_100126457_BURST012.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 473
Your`re welcome! Something on the rear rack sounds like a better solution indeed. And nice to meet you Pepper! Have fun riding Rad 🙂

Back