Radrunner 2 PAS issue

happychap

Region
USA
I purchased my first electric bike (radrunner 2) the other day. I also purchased the upgraded display. My issue is that when I change the PAS mode I see no difference in either speed or power. From 0 to 1 the PAS starts fine and also from 1 to 2 i notice a difference. However, from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 makes no difference. I therefore really struggle to get up even minor hills. I live on top of a fairly steep hill and unable to ride it up. I tried a reset which helped in that prior to the reset only mode 1 seemed to work.

I own the Radrunner Plus with the same issue as yourself. I have resorted to a complete power upgrade - upgraded motor, display, and controller. Rad is great on flat terrain and sluggish to useless on hills. They don't tell you that and most Rad owners are in denial.

I purchased my first electric bike (radrunner 2) the other day. I also purchased the upgraded display. My issue is that when I change the PAS mode I see no difference in either speed or power. From 0 to 1 the PAS starts fine and also from 1 to 2 i notice a difference. However, from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 makes no difference. I therefore really struggle to get up even minor hills. I live on top of a fairly steep hill and unable to ride it up. I tried a reset which helped in that prior to the reset only mode 1 seemed to work.
Something seems off. Do you have any info on the hill? i.e. grade & elevation, or a photo?

I had a Rad several years and it was just okay on hills. Nothing to brag about.

I remember this bike has no display, so curious how you know what PAS level you are in? Bottom line is, are you SURE that you are actually switching PAS levels? Is it possible that you have a bad switch?

I believe gioflowers rides throttle and I think that's why I have a different experience on hills. I am always on the pedals.

Back