Rad city.

I know they aren't in the same class. It's just the 2 bikes that I am looking at. Along with the Rad Rover. I wish I could test drive one but there isn't any dealers around here. I just really wish I could ride one of each to see how much effort I would have to exert to get it to go up hills and just to keep it at speed. I have bad knees even though I am only 28. I am not over weight at all and my job keeps me super active. I want to get on the bike and just cruise. Minimal effort, throttle would probably be used a ton. I could always get a throttle for the CC, but the smaller motor got me worried about hills. This is where the City/rover comes in with the 750w motor and throttle that it has already. This is my dilemma.

The CrossCurrent is likely a superior climber than the RadCity because the CC has a geared hub motor, whereas the RadCity has a direct-drive hub motor that is more efficient at higher speeds but dreadfully inefficient when climbing at lower speeds. The CC likely produces a lot more torque at the wheel than the RadCity. Also, the CC's peak power output is somewhere around 900W – 350W is just its continuous output rating.

I own a 500W rear hub motor (direct drive) ebike and I can tell you that it's not so good at climbing really steep hills, whereas my girlfriend's EasyMotion Evo Street is equipped with a 350W geared hub motor and easily beats my 500W direct-drive hub motor up hills.

Thanks for all the info and stuff guys. The Volt bike does look nice. I wonder what the difference between that and the Rover are? Do they both run the same motors? And if you really can get almost 25 mph out of the rover or city then that is a major plus in my eyes.

Have you taken a look at the surface604 colt? I'm in the same predicament trying to choose between the radcity, colt or something else for commuting. I have a post doing a comparison between the two on another thread but the colt has a torque sensor and 500w (750w peak) geared hub motor. Good luck!

Thanks for all the info and stuff guys. The Volt bike does look nice. I wonder what the difference between that and the Rover are? Do they both run the same motors? And if you really can get almost 25 mph out of the rover or city then that is a major plus in my eyes.
I have a rover and a Wagon. Both have been set to assist up to 25mph and they do. I cruise at 23-25mph on flat easily in PAS 2 on my wagon.

I went with the voltbike Yukon. It should be here on the 23rd. I am very excited to find out what the ebikes are all about. 750w befang G06 geared hub motor, fat tires, integrated battery and controller, clean looking battery installed in down tube, and shipping was only 70 dollars. I couldn't really refuse. I hope it will be worth the money. We will find out.

Back