Rad City 4 torque

A Rad Wagon even with direct drive should have more torque, because of the smaller diameter 22 inch tire compared to the city.

Physics and geometry as well probably, will back up that thought. Question would be how noticeable the difference might be. No idea here!

Probably you’re right! I’ll put the bike together this weekend and I’ll start to ride it!
Hi Stephanie, I just ordered a RadCity ST to be delivered in August and had some of the same concerns as you did - curious what you think of yours?

Hi Stefi -

Can you provide us with an update on your assembly and riding experience? Has the bike met or exceeded your expectations? Just looking for some feedback after all the questions and answers exchanged here.

Enjoy your ride! - RangerDave

Hi Stefi -

Can you provide us with an update on your assembly and riding experience? Has the bike met or exceeded your expectations? Just looking for some feedback after all the questions and answers exchanged here.

Enjoy your ride! - RangerDave
Assembly was easy; riding experience so far was amazing! Excellent bike!

Glad to hear that Stifi! Congrats on the new bike.

Keep in mind that rider weight also factors into the acceleration equation. I believe Al weighs in approx. 315# and Stefi at 150#. I weigh 155# and my 2019 City ST accelerates plenty well for my usage.

Also, Stefi is in Canada and their ebikes are limited to 500 watts. The US version is rated at 750 watts, a 50% increase that would likely produce a noticeable effect at full sustained throttle.

It’s not like you need to worry about sliding off the seat when you take off, but in PAS mode it feels like you have bionic legs. The motor is doing 80% of the work (or more) and it is simply a joy to ride one of these things...as you will soon find out when your bike is delivered.

Happy Trails! - RangerDave

Hi Stefi, do you notice any slowness when starting with throttle from a stop, like crossing a busy street? Al was talking about the Rad City's soft start and I wondered if you found it a problem...
To be honest I don’t think this bike is slow at all when you start from a full stop, I was concerned before about this think after reading some reviews, but now after riding the bike for almost a week in my opinion is as zippy as some other ebike with geared motors that I test drove; Also I was using mostly the throttle only! From 0- to 32 km very fast , absolutely no feeling to be slow, unless you have unrealistic expectations and expect to be as fast as a 1000 cc motorbike....

Keep in mind that rider weight also factors into the acceleration equation. I believe Al weighs in approx. 315# and Stefi at 150#. I weigh 155# and my 2019 City ST accelerates plenty well for my usage.

Also, Stefi is in Canada and their ebikes are limited to 500 watts. The US version is rated at 750 watts, a 50% increase that would likely produce a noticeable effect at full sustained throttle.

It’s not like you need to worry about sliding off the seat when you take off, but in PAS mode it feels like you have bionic legs. The motor is doing 80% of the work (or more) and it is simply a joy to ride one of these things...as you will soon find out when your bike is delivered.

Happy Trails! - RangerDave
Thanks! I can't wait to get it!

My impression too Mike, but as mentioned, I'm double the weight of a LOT of 'City riders, AND my bikes spend a lot of time being ridden under pretty challenging conditions not found everywhere (big hills). So you could say my needs are about as demanding as you can get.

That said, there are a lot of people who are just fine with the available power!

My point is twofold. First, there are more powerful bikes available, and second there are ways to help this bike if necessary. The bottom line is try it to see how YOU like it!

Adding my 2 cents, Someone in my neighborhood has the Rad 4 and I saw him going pretty fast. At first I didn't know what ebike he was on but I saw the large diameter hub motor and I thought it was a Rad City bike. I saw him again and was able to see the Rad City name on the bike.

My impression too Mike, but as mentioned, I'm double the weight of a LOT of 'City riders, AND my bikes spend a lot of time being ridden under pretty challenging conditions not found everywhere (big hills). So you could say my needs are about as demanding as you can get.

That said, there are a lot of people who are just fine with the available power!

My point is twofold. First, there are more powerful bikes available, and second there are ways to help this bike if necessary. The bottom line is try it to see how YOU like it!
Just wanted to let you know that I cancelled the Rad City - partly because I found a bike i like better and partly because it wouldn't come till August...got the Rize Bolt and it's coming tomorrow. Know anything about that one? I'm excited. Need to get a lock still though - dizzying choices..

Back