R&M SD Config

nashdm2

Guys, my new bike is coming very soon. I have carried out so much research, but, I cannot get a 100% answer to this question.

When I get the bike I will build a bosch bike account online. I will then download and open the bosch ebike connect app on my iPhone. I already have a Komoot account and I am building various routes which are appearing on my Komoot iPhone app also. I don't want to use the Kiox for any navigation at all and use Komoot instead.

So, what do I have running on my iPhone when doing a long ride? I obviously need the Komoot app running, but, do I need to also have running the ebike connect app in the background to track and upload to the main bosch ebike account?

I Hope that all makes sense. Any advice on how you run things when setting out for a ride will be appreciated. Dave

First you should ask yourself why to to maintain the same information in two different web services... isn't it enough to have it in Komoot ?
If you insist to store it in Bosch as well, you can synchronise it via your phone ebike app at the end of the ride. You dont need to run eBike connect in parallel unless you need to store MAP/GPS information as well ... if you need that then you should run both. Personally I use Komoot and it is more than enough, dont see the added value of eBike connect ?

Hi thanks, so, I am completely new to all this which is why I have asked you guys. This info is exactly what I needed, thanks. I was concerned that I needed to run the Bosch app as well for some reason, but, if I don’t need to I won’t if Komoot gives me all that I need. Thanks again...

Doesn't EBike connect allow you to record your ride data and stats? Distance, cadence, assist levels etc? That's kinda cool.

As a new rider and a nerd, I use both Komoot (pro) and eBike connect. I create routes in Komoot then view the navigation on my Kiox. This is the best solution if you need to save your phone's battery power. However, the Kiox only shows a single line and is slow-ish tracking so it's quite poor compared to a smartphone screen. I've written about it in a few threads:
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/komoot-and-the-new-bosch-kiox-navigation.35497/

Ok thanks. So, I will have both komoot and eBikeConnect running, using komoot for general nav, and Knox to run the bike and record stats of the journey. I am going to get the Nyon 2 when it is released and will re evaluate when I have that fitted. Thanks guys.

FYI, if you happen to like Komoot for all the trail information that others have stored publicly, you might also have a look at the AllTrails app. I have found that AllTrails contains trail information that isn't in Komoot, and vice versa. No doubt other similar apps exist as well.

Thanks, I had a Garmin device on a previous bike. That device had the ability to build a random round trip, based on miles, direction, and ability. I don't think komoot does that as I cannot find anything. Does anybody know of an app that does this please?

Back