R&M Halting air shipments due to pandemic?

BMWzenRider

My 2021 Homage is scheduled to be built next week, so I checked in with my dealer today to discuss a few details of how I want it set up when it arrives.

I was told that R&M has stopped air shipments until further notice due to the pandemic, so my bike will be put in a container and put onto a ship (~6 weeks).

Has anyone else been notified that their air shipment has been canceled/changed?

Air freight has been a mess mostly because there are so few passengers and passenger flights were the lower cost air freight supplier. Do you live in the United States? Who wants to fly into a country during a run-away pandemic?

My 2021 Homage is scheduled to be built next week, so I checked in with my dealer today to discuss a few details of how I want it set up when it arrives.

I was told that R&M has stopped air shipments until further notice due to the pandemic, so my bike will be put in a container and put onto a ship (~6 weeks).

Has anyone else been notified that their air shipment has been canceled/changed?
For my bike also there was no chance to get it by air. Had to be through shipping. Planned to arrive after Christmas. Good luck!

Last edited:
Well I guess my order for a Mulitcharger Mixte will be delayed beyond January 2021...actually that's a good thing. BC government has promised to eliminate the sales tax (7%) on e-bikes but our new NDP government hasn't even got its act together after our early October election. Thats a lot of savings on a $10K bike but my suspicion is nothing is going to happen before the spring.

Hello all,
I have been offline for a few days, but did reach out to R&M customer support about the air freight situation and received a reply on Wednesday, and when asked was given permission to share the reply here.

FROM: Riese & Müller GmbH - Customer Care <[email protected]>
"We have informed our dealers that we will resume Airfreight into the US.
For your information only Airfreight into the US was halted, Canada was never a problem.

To give you a brief information how our handling was, we informed our dealers that Airfreight was halted, but we never changed bikes that where booked from Airfreight to Seafreight, unless dealers would actually request that directly from us. I think this actually never happened."

So, the only destination which had been affected by the halt of air freight was the United States, and
if you had ordered your bike for United States delivery with air freight before the halt order, nothing had/has changed.

What had happened to me was that I had originally ordered with standard sea freight shipping, and had tried to change the order to air freight while the halt was still in effect.
My dealer is currently in the process of attempting to upgrade my order to air freight again now that the halt has been lifted.

In other news, just today my expected build date changed from this week to next week on the R&M website status lookup tool.

I will try to report back here as I get word.

Back