Questions on tires - cross current/reip current

vincent

Put this in general because i am also interested in any other 4inch bikes i might could put a smaller tire size on

What is the biggest tire that will go on the crosscurrent?
And the smallest tire that will go on a rip current

I am wanting another 3 or possibly 4 inch bike - it must have a throttle, hydraulic brakes and am wanting to stay around 50-54 lbs lol

I know, tall order

It does need to be a small or medium size

looks like the rip current is 66 lbs? Wondering if it is a little lighter in a small

And i am wondering if on some of these 4 inch bikes could use a 3 inch tire or maybe a 3.2 tire if something like that exist?
And if that would cut down the weight to where i wanted?

Search @Reid posts for the biggest tire on a CCS, he went to EXTREME lengths to get a Schwalbe 29 x 2.35 tire on the rear.
As for the weight, no way. The CCS is > 60 pounds, and the RCS is closer to 70.
I'm not sure why you have a weight limit anyway. The power of the bike makes it a non-issue.

Since i have 7 ebikes of varying weights i disagree

It is not riding the bike down the street so much as maneuvering it around , in and out of vans, trucks, trailers

Pushing it up any hill

Lighter bikes are much easier

My 48lb haibike sduro is very nice to handle in general
Much nicer than the rad rover

CCS: 2.0-2.15" max tire size in the rear. At least 2.8" in the front.

I recommend replacing the front suspension with a rigid fork if you want to shave weight. I got the Salsa Cro Moto, vastly improved front end agility. And much lighter.

I wouldn't go bigger than 2.35" because you'd have to get a much heavier, slower tire. At 2.35" you can get the Schwalbe G-One, fastest rolling bicycle tire ever supposedly according to Schwalbe.

The only slick 2.8" is from Vee, weighs double or so.

thanks for the info on tires asher

i am not looking for slicks, am looking for a 3 inch tire for gravel/dirt roads and some trails

but we have a lot of deep sand on the trails here

just trying to find a lighter "fat" tire that comes in sizes- with a throttle

i love my haibike hard seven sduro 6.0 , it fits me great
super light and easy to manuever
basically i want this bike with a throttle lol

should add i want a throttle that overrides - like rad power bikes
the easy motion bikes have throttle but it is a separate setting

was just wondering if you could put 3 inch tires on any of these 4 inch rims, but guessing not

thanks for the info on tires asher

i am not looking for slicks, am looking for a 3 inch tire for gravel/dirt roads and some trails

but we have a lot of deep sand on the trails here

just trying to find a lighter "fat" tire that comes in sizes- with a throttle

i love my haibike hard seven sduro 6.0 , it fits me great
super light and easy to manuever
basically i want this bike with a throttle lol

should add i want a throttle that overrides - like rad power bikes
the easy motion bikes have throttle but it is a separate setting

was just wondering if you could put 3 inch tires on any of these 4 inch rims, but guessing not
I emailed a similar question to RadPower and they did not recommend thinner wheels for the RadMIni. I wish it was possible, too.

Back