questions for step thru owners

vincent

i am interested in buying a step thru when the 2020 are released

but as of right now does anyone know if the rear frame on that bike is as wide as the roadster/trail bike? doubt they will change the frames any but who knows, wider would be great

am wanting to put at least 2.3 knobby tires on it like i have on my roadster but the frame looks a little different in the pics

this is my one gripe with these bikes now that hopefully the throttle can be reprogrammed to full power all the time and from a stop

any info on input on the step thru bike would be appreciated
i am buying this bike because the weight is good and i like the m600 motor

heard back from flx so thought i would update this

they say the step thru will take the trail tires which they list as 2.1

i was able to put 2.3 on my roadster so 2.3 should fit
even if we went with a bigger wheel there was only enough clearance to maybe do a 2.4 according to the shop- not sure that would be worth the expense

i am interested in buying a step thru when the 2020 are released

but as of right now does anyone know if the rear frame on that bike is as wide as the roadster/trail bike? doubt they will change the frames any but who knows, wider would be great

am wanting to put at least 2.3 knobby tires on it like i have on my roadster but the frame looks a little different in the pics

this is my one gripe with these bikes now that hopefully the throttle can be reprogrammed to full power all the time and from a stop

any info on input on the step thru bike would be appreciated
i am buying this bike because the weight is good and i like the m600 motor
I would avoid FLX at all costs!! I just took delivery of a green step-through with an extremely noisy/defective motor. They will not fix it, replace it, or take it back and refund my money.
They told ME to open up the motor, grease it up, and put everything back together myself. Said it was basic maintenance! What a joke! No local bike shop will touch it. Proceed with caution. There are better bikes out there!

Interesting info, seems on a new bike flx would pay to have a shop do it for you
They offered “up to $30” only since the bike is new. Problem is, the small local shops do not want to do this sort of thing due to potential liability issues.

That totally sucks , do they work with velofix or whatever it is called

Where are you located? Maybe on this forum or another ebike forum you could find someone to do it

Keep us up to date on what you do

That totally sucks , do they work with velofix or whatever it is called

Where are you located? Maybe on this forum or another ebike forum you could find someone to do it

Keep us up to date on what you do
I am in Northern Indiana. The nearest VeloFix is 140 miles away. FLX bikes is NOT offering to pay (they offered up to $30), so I don’t think that would get me much help. I am going to do some research as to what other bike people know about having to open up a brand new motor and grease it before use. I did read a post that said doing so voids the motor’s warranty. Since this bike effectively has no warranty anyway, it is a “lose-lose” situation for me.

I am surprised they won’t take the bike back and it is ridiculous that you have to go get the motor worked on and it’s brand new

Buy a Townie, add a great Grin eZee drive and upgrade the tires. Phaserunner controller base in a Hailong battery. CA3 and own a completely supportable eBike.

Back