Questions about the Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO

davidceder

Region
USA
City
Payson, Arizona
Hi all;
New to the forum. I am just about to pull the trigger on 2 of these bikes. Have done a lot of reading but have a couple of questions.
1) With the DI2 shifting provided will I be able to program the shifters in an Ho/Lo, Left/Right shifting configuration much like the SRAM set up or is it only the right shifter that has ANY control? Rode my friends non expert bike & I see there are no shifting controls on the left brake lever. This makes sense as there is no front mechanical derailleur but was wondering if the DI2 still had the programable shifters on the left lever.

2) Will this bike come with the remote shifters on the handlebar or is that only the non EVO version?

Thanks for any assistance. We are longtime road riders who now spend a great deal of time touring the western US in our motorhome and I think these bikes will open up a whole new experience for us as we are always near dirt mountain roads. I hope they open up a new experience for 20K

Hi all;
New to the forum. I am just about to pull the trigger on 2 of these bikes. Have done a lot of reading but have a couple of questions.
1) With the DI2 shifting provided will I be able to program the shifters in an Ho/Lo, Left/Right shifting configuration much like the SRAM set up or is it only the right shifter that has ANY control? Rode my friends non expert bike & I see there are no shifting controls on the left brake lever. This makes sense as there is no front mechanical derailleur but was wondering if the DI2 still had the programable shifters on the left lever.

2) Will this bike come with the remote shifters on the handlebar or is that only the non EVO version?

Thanks for any assistance. We are longtime road riders who now spend a great deal of time touring the western US in our motorhome and I think these bikes will open up a whole new experience for us as we are always near dirt mountain roads. I hope they open up a new experience for 20K
My 2019 Evo Expert with Di2 came with the standard normal Di2 shifters for both left and right. Of course the left one was not hooked into the Di2 system as there is no front derailleur and no need for the electronic connection, just the hydro brake connection. On the other hand the wire from the left shifter was in the handle bar and could have easily been hooked up. Me thinks you hook it up and then you can do whatever arrangement you want via the Shimano software. Not sure which models are currently coming with remote buttons but those are basically a $100 add on with installation included.

And of course you know pretty much the only things that make the EVO an Evo is a set of tubeless gravel tires and the dropper post; both of which could be added to any Creo.

I believe the 2021 Creo Expert EVO includes the remote buttons to change the assist level. I just got a 2020 Creo comp carbon EVO and the remote buttons were not included. I had them added for $60. My LBS didn’t charge to install them.

Last edited:
If you have a PC (Not Apple) computer you can access Shimano E-tube app to upgrade Di2, change the shifting levers (left up/ right down) and set up the additional top of hood attributes. Lots of options here. If you were to go one step further and install the wireless D-FLY Shimano EW-WU111 (not included on any Creo models) you can access Garmin computers for additional access via the top of hoods. It is SO wonderful.

Back