Question regarding the NYON ....

TimJohn

I have a Multicharger Mixte on order and have the NYON display option. The question I have is this unit able to work off the bike? Say I wanted to walk around a city. How long can the internal battery last?

Yes, you can remove the display from the bike and use it. https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/downloads#c173721 has a link to the manual so you can explore. There is a screw that can be installed to lock it to the bike, or if removed, then you can easily detach the display when you want. It's meant to be able to remove the display when you go into a store or something, to disable the bike, as well as for when you want to play with settings and stuff from the comfort of your sofa.

I'm not sure if you can use it as a fully functioning GPS when not attached to the bike, I'd assume you could, but I don't have mine yet to verify. So I also don't know about the battery life.

I have a Multicharger Mixte on order and have the NYON display option. The question I have is this unit able to work off the bike? Say I wanted to walk around a city. How long can the internal battery last?
Off the bike, you can use it as a fully functioning GPS unit and battery life is around 2 hours according to Bosch.

My question is, does the Nyon's OSM navigation prioritize bike lanes? Seems to just route over regular roads, this is a deal breaker for navigation in any big city!

Last edited:
Well that’s good news. I was wondering about it functionality off the bike so this could be very useful if visiting a new city.

Off the bike, you can use it as a fully functioning GPS unit and battery life is around 2 hours according to Bosch.

My question is, does the Nyon's OSM navigation prioritize bike lanes? Seems to just route over regular roads, this is a deal breaker for navigation in any big city!
From my experience thus far the navigation can surprise you with walking paths in the woods (as if like it was a MTB single track - very cool imho but has te be carefull with hikers), but most of the time when urbanc cruising the city it has sent me more over bikelanes instead of roads with cars and the like.

I haven't tried any of the navigation features because within Vancouver are with well established bicycle routes. I know them well but the one time I used the Bosch route planner it planned a route that I thought were on heavy travelled and unsafe roads. So unless others know that it will choose bike routes, I probably will never use this feature. Probably should have purchased the Utivia display instead and saved myself some bucks. BTW forget about me giving it away or trading it. Its mounted on it's specialized and adjustable mount.

Back