Purion display mount

Deacon Blues

I have a 2020 Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty 3 with a Bosch gen 4 motor and a Purion display and I'm planning on switching to a different set of bars. I thought the mount, after the tightening screw is taken out, should should pivot out, like most handlebar mounts, but this mount doesn't seem to be able to do that. the mount seems to be a solid piece.
It looks like I'll have to take everything off the right side of the handlebar to get the display off. Surely this can't be right. I'm I missing something here?

The Purion mount should open. Take the screw all the way out, and you might still have to pry it open (sometimes the rubber gasket holds everything in place too well).

Purion definitely has a pivot point. It is possible that Cannondale designed that eBike to have the Purion attached to a 3rd-party mount. That 3rd-party mount may be what you are seeing clamped around handlebar without pivot. This is a fairly common solution used by OEMs for mounting Purion to drop-bar eBikes. If you can share a picture, I can tell you for sure.

I took a closer look yesterday and discovered my mount is in two pieces. The first part that mounts to the handlebar slides on the bar-it does not pivot. The second part of the mount, does. I suspect the first part is a Cannondale part and the second part of the mount is a standard Bosch Purion mount.

That's right! Those little secondary mounts have been around for many, many years. Great solutions for mounting extra lights on a crowded handlebar, getting something more visible, or whatever other relocation you might think of. I share this because it means there are numerous other options out there should you ever decide to change where the Purion is located. Someone likely makes one that has a hinged mount, like the Purion, so you'd be able to move things around more easily if you ever desired.

Since I like the Redshift suspension stem I have on my Lefty 3, I ordered another for my road bike, along with a utility mount. At the time I didn't really need the mount, but is was 25% off, so I thought, "What the heck."
Now I realize it will be perfect for mounting my Purion on my new handlebar (converting drop bar to flat bar).

Back