Purchased Two New Gazelle Arroyo Elite Bikes - so far a big disappointment

rspon1

Recently I took delivery of two new Gazelle Arroyo Elite bikes, one for me and one for my wife. Wife's bike had to be returned and was eventually exchanged for another because of repair and apparent touch up paint in two places on the frame. In addition, the lock on her bike was defective.
Two days ago, I took my Arroyo out for the first ride- two miles out one side of rear brake would not release from the rim - had to walk it back - no fun to say the least.
Not sure if these problems point to Gazelle quality control or the bike shop mechanic, responsible for assembly. I thought buying 2 Dutch bikes for $7200 would have avoided all this.

Anyone out there have problems with brake drag or brakes freezing up on the Arroyo?

Disappointing for sure, the New Wheel shop in California had this page about adjusting a bolt on the levers with a Torx T-25 wrench, and there were some interesting photos on this forum.

I have an Arroyo that my wife now rides. After 3000Km last year I replaced the brake pads. To do this and to adjust them equally away from the rim on both sides is hard. You need to loosen the brakes from the frame on both sides. I suspect many bike shops have not serviced the Magura rim brakes so ask if they are confident. I can sort of do it myself now but it is not just a simple adjustment if they are not equidistant from the rim on both sides. The difficulty of adjusting the brakes is a pain. The bike is a dream otherwise (although I like my Ultimate T10 even more). Another trick is to take a wheel off with the brakes installed. The trick, as told to me by my bike tech, is to deflate the tire and squeeze it between the brake pads.

Back