Pulling a Bob trailer with an e-mtb

I have no data on range though I figured it would be nice to share this set up :)
27CE8177-1608-4EFE-8B70-8CE63219DD0F.jpeg

This guy uses a bob trailer. In addition to this video, where he's consciously trying to see how many miles he can get with a full load, there's another series of 4 videos where he and his family are bike-touring in southern Finland and he's pulling the same trailer. He's using a cargo bike, not a mountain bike, but it should give you some ideas.

I think Court interviewed a guy with fat HT ebike and bob trailer. He use to have FS eMTB but said trailer stuffed suspension pivot bearings. Its same German guy he used for moustache tandem review but interview was few months earlier.

I pull a trailer often. 30ish pounds of gear and a 45 pound dog who rides on it when we go fast down hills. Going slow (below 10 miles per hour) I can easily get 60 miles of never flat, up and down riding on rough forest roads. I don't have a full suspension bike but a Felt Niner with front shocks. Love it for bikepacking and it works very well. Factors which eat battery are speed and terrain. The weight in the trailer matters less.

Reactions: JRA
Back