Programming assist levels

Was able to change the % assist for the different levels. Clicked APPLY and motor power was adjusted! However, if the bike motor is turned off (thru the remote keypad), and back on again, it goes back to the default settings. Is this the same with what you guys have? Or is there a way to make it store the settings so I wont have to reprogram it every ride?

Is this the same with what you guys have?
Not for me. The custom assist levels stayed as reprogrammed after the motor restart and with the RideControl App off. Important note: my Giant e-bike has the EVO display, not the RideControl One remote.

As I love Giant ebikes, the brand should work harder on their software solutions...

When you reprogram your levels, how do you save the new levels so when you turn it offf and on again, it stays at the same new programmed levels. Mine always resets to default settings.

Back to our previously scheduled program...

I purchased my 2020 Giant Phantom the first week of March, just a week ahead of things starting to tighten up due to Covid. I knew that battery life was dependant on a whole host of variables: battery size, style of riding, terrain and assist level. One of the reasons I favoured a Giant was that with the app you can adjust the assist levels.

My rides are primarily 90% paved and 10% well packed tails and logging roads.
Just guessing on my use of the assist levels would be:

Eco 80%
Eco + 10%
Normal 5%
Sport 3%
Sport + 2%

`````````````````````````````````

The first month I rode with the factory settings:

Eco - 100%
Eco + 175%
Normal 250%
Sport 300%
Sport + 360%

Keeping my battery charged between 80% and 20% I was getting approximately 0.6km per % of battery. But I was unsure what the rate of battery use was at the top and bottom of the battery. So I charged the battery to 100% and drained it to 0%. (of course I hit 0% at the bottom of the steepest and longest hill in town. But it was a sacrifice for science). Riding my normal range of routes I achieved 51.7km. That was alright but a bit disappointing.

````````````````````````````````
This month I amended the assist levels to:

Eco - 75%
Eco + 125%
Normal 200%
Sport 250%
Sport + 360%

I charged the battery to 100% again and then ran my test. This time I drained the battery from 100 to 7% and completed 98.4km. Boy, what a difference.

I think I have found my sweet spot and don't think I need to tweak the settings any further.

Your mileage my vary!

When you changed the settings were you able to save them, meaning after turning the bike off and on again, the settings were still your ammended settings? Mine goes back to default every time and im trying to figure it out.

When you changed the settings were you able to save them, meaning after turning the bike off and on again, the settings were still your ammended settings? Mine goes back to default every time and im trying to figure it out.
Yes, mine were saved.

Back