Programmable controller for Bafang rear hub??

I thought about going their direction, but I'm having a hard time communicating with them. They may be super busy.
So......now I'm trying to figure out how to splice a female end L1019 to a male end Julet Z916 so I can use a KT controller. That's my plan anyway. Grin has a connector almost like that, opposite ends though than what I need.

Anyone have advice on how to "correctly" splice this together? I know the L10 with have an extra wire (for temperature I think?) that I will have to combine with another wire. Need some guidance on this.

Anyone have advice on how to "correctly" splice this together? I know the L10 with have an extra wire (for temperature I think?) that I will have to combine with another wire. Need some guidance on this.
The "extra" wire is of no concern. It's for a temp sensor - IF - so equipped. Don't worry about connecting it with another wire as the KT won't read temp anyway.

To be honest, I don't know an L10 from a hole in the wall. Please post a pic that will positively identify what you are working with.

With a Bafang motor and a KT controller, I'm pretty sure the phase and sensor wires match color for color so splicing an extension on to one end or the other shouldn't be too big a deal. Still, time spent finding the correct extension will be well spent if you can find one.

The "extra" wire is of no concern. It's for a temp sensor - IF - so equipped. Don't worry about connecting it with another wire as the KT won't read temp anyway.

To be honest, I don't know an L10 from a hole in the wall. Please post a pic that will positively identify what you are working with.

With a Bafang motor and a KT controller, I'm pretty sure the phase and sensor wires match color for color so splicing an extension on to one end or the other shouldn't be too big a deal. Still, time spent finding the correct extension will be well spent if you can find one.
Here’s what I’ve learned in all this. The L1019 comes standard with the 1000watt Bafang hub. In all seriousness, I wanted a 750watt hub, but couldn’t find many kits at the time. When I found some they was more expensive than the 1000watt version???? Weird I know, but true.
The 750 comes with the Julet Z916. Would have been easier with the 750, but oh well.
Thanks for the wiring info. Here’s a pic of the L10

Attachments

• C1062C4A-EA41-476B-BF02-B34E82499672.jpeg
    C1062C4A-EA41-476B-BF02-B34E82499672.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 185
Just to keep everyone updated on the progress of my project. I currently have the 500c display. I thought maybe I could trick it by changing wheel size in the config setup. No dice on that. Now for the WEIRD part. I happened to email the company who I bought the kit from. (ACCOLMILE) Surprisingly they answered me back. They directed me to a cable to buy to program the controller. Aslo, they sent me a software config program. Now all this looks like the same for the mid drives, but they said it would work.
I'll keep everyone posted for results. I'm not to hopeful, but we'll see. It'll save around 200$ if tit works though.

Hector, make sure there's no confusion with the guys you spoke with. The Bafang MID DRIVE motors use a programmable controller that built right into them. The Bafang GEARED HUB motors use a 3rd party (not built in) controller that is only rarely programmable.....

Yeah, i questioned them on that. They seem to indicate that you can program the controller they use. We'll see... Again, not real hopeful either. I like to tinker...

Yeah, i questioned them on that. They seem to indicate that you can program the controller they use. We'll see... Again, not real hopeful either. I like to tinker...
Ask them for a link to the directions or list of parameters. I'm betting you'll get ones to a BBSxx series (mid drive)

!!! BIG UPDATE !!!

I couldn't wait to get back with you guys on my programming the controller situation! IT WORKED! The usb cable they sell on Amazon to program the BBhd 01&02's worked on my controller.
It plainly said on the usb cord only for mid drives. Accolmile said it would work on their controllers. It's the same procedure as doing a mid drive. No port driver problems or anything. I've played with the PAS level settings all morning. Finally got it where I think I'll like it. Tamed down level 1 from 14.8 mph to 10.1 and so on. Level 3 is my old level 1. LOL! Only downside I can tell is that I can't set any throttle settings, which I didn't want to anyway. A lot of the settings are blocked by a "DISPLAY PARAMETER" Which is fine with me, but all PAS levels and power input per level is adjustable.
Thank you again @AHicks & @tomjasz for your patience and input. Much appreciated.
Here is my controller if anyone is interested. It came with the kit I bought on Amazon.

!!! BIG UPDATE !!!

I couldn't wait to get back with you guys on my programming the controller situation! IT WORKED! The usb cable they sell on Amazon to program the BBhd 01&02's worked on my controller.
It plainly said on the usb cord only for mid drives. Accolmile said it would work on their controllers. It's the same procedure as doing a mid drive. No port driver problems or anything. I've played with the PAS level settings all morning. Finally got it where I think I'll like it. Tamed down level 1 from 14.8 mph to 10.1 and so on. Level 3 is my old level 1. LOL! Only downside I can tell is that I can't set any throttle settings, which I didn't want to anyway. A lot of the settings are blocked by a "DISPLAY PARAMETER" Which is fine with me, but all PAS levels and power input per level is adjustable.
Thank you again @AHicks & @tomjasz for your patience and input. Much appreciated.
Here is my controller if anyone is interested. It came with the kit I bought on Amazon.
I found this forum by Googling hub motor programing and this thread come up. This is gold. Exactly what i was looking for. I want to do what you did and dial the lower PAS settings down. The link you posted for the individual controller is on back order now. Somewhere you mentioned emailing the company. Do you have the email?

I found this forum by Googling hub motor programing and this thread come up. This is gold. Exactly what i was looking for. I want to do what you did and dial the lower PAS settings down. The link you posted for the individual controller is on back order now. Somewhere you mentioned emailing the company. Do you have the email?
Glad you found some good info in this thread! I tried to email Accomile directly, but never had any luck. They have a website and everything. I had ordered my kit through Amazon and was able to reach out to them through this way. They always replied quickly this way. The reps name was Yvonne. If you can find it still on Amazon, try to reach out that way. The other guys were right on the KT controllers also. You can program them also if you go that way.
I know for a fact that Himiway controllers can be programmed. All my fellow rider buddies ride them. You can buy controllers from them as long as you get a 750w hub. It uses the Julet connector. You need their screen too. We ride a lot of chipped and gravel roads. 60 mile trips are the usual. We ride slow and sight see. We have ours programmed at 7, 8, 9, and 10 mph the first few levels with lower watt outputs on each level to conserve battery. I have plenty of battery left after these rides, unfortunately my butt is done. I couldn’t go this far without programming it. Keep us posted on your progress!

Glad you found some good info in this thread! I tried to email Accomile directly, but never had any luck. They have a website and everything. I had ordered my kit through Amazon and was able to reach out to them through this way. They always replied quickly this way. The reps name was Yvonne. If you can find it still on Amazon, try to reach out that way. The other guys were right on the KT controllers also. You can program them also if you go that way.
I know for a fact that Himiway controllers can be programmed. All my fellow rider buddies ride them. You can buy controllers from them as long as you get a 750w hub. It uses the Julet connector. You need their screen too. We ride a lot of chipped and gravel roads. 60 mile trips are the usual. We ride slow and sight see. We have ours programmed at 7, 8, 9, and 10 mph the first few levels with lower watt outputs on each level to conserve battery. I have plenty of battery left after these rides, unfortunately my butt is done. I couldn’t go this far without programming it. Keep us posted on your progress!
Amazon makes vendors follow up once you made a purchase. But not sure if I'll get any follow up without making a purchase. I asked a question on the listing about restock at about the same time I posted my reply above. No response yet.

Amazon makes vendors follow up once you made a purchase. But not sure if I'll get any follow up without making a purchase. I asked a question on the listing about restock at about the same time I posted my reply above. No response yet.
I can try to ask for you. Don’t care a bit. I’ll let you know.

I am AMAZED by how similar that controller is to the KT stuff. LOVE the idea Bafang displays will work, and that the programming can be set up using the UART cable. The issue now is, getting the darn things! I poked around on their website and didn't see the controllers anywhere, so I guess we're in a wait and see mode.

Good news!!! They contacted me back. They wanted to know what size hub you are using. Mine was 1000watt, and that's what the kit had. For what I do a 750 would have been better and would have been overkill, but it was cheaper so I went that way.

Good news!!! They contacted me back. They wanted to know what size hub you are using. Mine was 1000watt, and that's what the kit had. For what I do a 750 would have been better and would have been overkill, but it was cheaper so I went that way.
Don't have one at all now. Trying to plan a system. But my thoughts were 750w

Don't have one at all now. Trying to plan a system. But my thoughts were 750w
ok, I'll tell them that then. I'll get back with you when they message me back. trying to find out soon as possible for you as we are going on a big bike ride on the Katy trail in MO next week. 230 miles to conquer!

ok, I'll tell them that then. I'll get back with you when they message me back. trying to find out soon as possible for you as we are going on a big bike ride on the Katy trail in MO next week. 230 miles to conquer!
Ill send you a message with my email if you would like to forward it and not have to be the middle man :D

Back