Product Review - USB Rechargeable LED Bicycle Headlight Bike Head Light + Horn (ebay)

HansTrio

Region
USA
This small but very functional bike headlight from ebay proved very useful.
It has 2 very bright LED lights that are selectable in many combinations including one light, both lights, either light or flashing modes.

I removed the 18650 battery and ran a capacity test and it came out to 18650mAh which is not too far from the advertised capacity of 2000mAh.

It has a capacitive touch switch on top that lets you control the light just by a light touch and works well.
There are also 4 blue led lights that indicate current battery level when in use and charge state while charging.
There is also a photo sensor on top but on mine so far that does not seem to work but it doesn't affect anything else.

It comes with a two button control switch that mounts to your handlebars with an included rubber O-ring that wraps around the handlebar tube and has a catch on both sides.
The switch is connected by USB connection directly to the back of the unit.
One button controls the LED headlight function and the other controls the horn which is quite loud and has 5 different sound settings.

Mounting, connection and operation are all intuitive and straight forward with no surprises.

I find this unit to be a very good choice for the price of $11.00 shipped and would recommend it.
Keep in mind the cost of a 2000mAh 18650 alone can be $7-$10 by itself.

I upgraded mine while it was open by replacing the one 18560mAh battery with TWO, 3000mAh 18650 batteries because there was room inside for two 18650's.
This dramatically increased the run time at night. The two 18650's are simply connected in parallel and then fitted and resoldered back into the unit.
A very simple modification that greatly increases the time the light will run.

After installing the two 18650's I ran a two hour test running just one light and then measured the amount of energy used during that two hours with a USB power meter and in two hours running one light consumed 2050mAh and 10289mWh. So on the two 18650's it can run about 3 hours on one light and presumably just over an hour on both. I did notice after two hours that the case was warm to the touch (due to the bright LED) and I estimate the case temp was around 105F but did not measure it. With both lights running it would presumably get even warmer and I will test the actual temps later.

I liked it so much I bought a spare.

USB Rechargeable LED Bicycle Headlight Bike Head Light Front Lamp Cycling + Horn (ebay).jpg

What the ?????

This product review resulted in 26 sales of this thing from you guys...and no one liked my post or replied ?

Scum bags !!......

😁

According to the Manual, the photosensor only works when BOTH lights are on at night, and you enter a well lit area.
In that case it is supposed to turn the light off after 40 seconds to conserve power.
I haven't tried that yet.

I had an Evolva Future Technology X8-1, but this $11.00 one was better and had upgraded features so I gave the X8-1 away.

This small but very functional bike headlight from ebay proved very useful.
It has 2 very bright LED lights that are selectable in many combinations including one light, both lights, either light or flashing modes.

I removed the 18650 battery and ran a capacity test and it came out to 18650mAh which is not too far from the advertised capacity of 2000mAh.

It has a capacitive touch switch on top that lets you control the light just by a light touch and works well.
There are also 4 blue led lights that indicate current battery level when in use and charge state while charging.
There is also a photo sensor on top but on mine so far that does not seem to work but it doesn't affect anything else.

It comes with a two button control switch that mounts to your handlebars with an included rubber O-ring that wraps around the handlebar tube and has a catch on both sides.
The switch is connected by USB connection directly to the back of the unit.
One button controls the LED headlight function and the other controls the horn which is quite loud and has 5 different sound settings.

Mounting, connection and operation are all intuitive and straight forward with no surprises.

I find this unit to be a very good choice for the price of $11.00 shipped and would recommend it.
Keep in mind the cost of a 2000mAh 18650 alone can be $7-$10 by itself.

I upgraded mine while it was open by replacing the one 18560mAh battery with TWO, 3000mAh 18650 batteries because there was room inside for two 18650's.
This dramatically increased the run time at night. The two 18650's are simply connected in parallel and then fitted and resoldered back into the unit.
A very simple modification that greatly increases the time the light will run.

After installing the two 18650's I ran a two hour test running just one light and then measured the amount of energy used during that two hours with a USB power meter and in two hours running one light consumed 2050mAh and 10289mWh. So on the two 18650's it can run about 3 hours on one light and presumably just over an hour on both. I did notice after two hours that the case was warm to the touch (due to the bright LED) and I estimate the case temp was around 105F but did not measure it. With both lights running it would presumably get even warmer and I will test the actual temps later.

I liked it so much I bought a spare.

View attachment 110545
I bought that, someone stole the head light, the rear light now only fuctions manually
instead of wireless. The good news, I´m only out $12. My battery has a usb, so I could
have charged on the fly.

Last edited:
I bought that, someone stole the head light, the rear light now only fuctions manually
instead of wireless. The good news, I´m only out $12. My battery has a usb, so I could
have charged on the fly.

Sorry to hear that.
Yeah, when I find something that works the way I want it to, does what I want it to do and works well, I often stock up.

So I now have three of these in my possession.
Two of them have been upgraded with dual 18650 batteries. I haven't done the 3rd one yet.
The way things are going with shortages and price increases these will probably be $100 next month...if you can even get them.

Money is losing it's value faster than Rosie O'Donnell can eat a dozen sugar glazed donuts.
People bragging their money grew 10% last year in the stock market must not be aware the value of that same money SHRUNK by 22% in the last 14 months due to inflation and rising costs..

Sorry to hear that.
Yeah, when I find something that works the way I want it to, does what I want it to do and works well, I often stock up.

So I now have three of these in my possession.
Two of them have been upgraded with dual 18650 batteries. I haven't done the 3rd one yet.
The way things are going with shortages and price increases these will probably be $100 next month...if you can even get them.

Money is losing it's value faster than Rosie O'Donnell can eat a dozen sugar glazed donuts.
People bragging their money grew 10% last year in the stock market must not be aware the value of that same money SHRUNK by 22% in the last 14 months due to inflation and rising costs..
Certainly worth the price, & worked fine until someone swiped the headlight, made a good flashlight
for someone. My bikes now have lights that hook directly into the wire harness.

Certainly worth the price, & worked fine until someone swiped the headlight, made a good flashlight
for someone. My bikes now have lights that hook directly into the wire harness.

You had a different setup. I think I know the one you had.

I bought a really cool tail light on amazon for $35.00 and imo it's the bomb.
It has an inertia sensor built in so it lights up when you hit the brakes.
The light can be adjusted to 5 different patterns and it even has built BLINKERS that make a blinker sound so you know to turn it off after your turn. :)
It has a TON of options plus it has a built in alarm system that detect movement or vibration and makes an annoyingly loud noise if the bike is touched. It won't stop any determined theif, but at least if you're in earshot you'll know to put eyes on it pronto.

It also has a built in 18650 2000mAh battery so it runs a long time....like days.....and a photo sensor that turns off the light if you go into a brightly lit area (to save battery power)

it also has a wireless horn built in with 5 different tones. I absolutely love it but wish it was a bit less expensive.

eBikeTailLight_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back