Problem with my BBS-02 software

Raymond Potvin

Hi everybody,

I put a BBS-02 48V 500W on my recumbent trike last summer, and I could not install the speedometer because the wiring wasn't long enough, so I had an error 21 on my screen all the time after a few minutes, but the rest of the system was working OK, so I let it like that until lately, the brakes switches wouldn't work anymore, the motor would stop when I stopped pedaling for less than a second, only resuming when I would stop a second time for more than a second, and the throttle wouldn't work anymore either. The motor still works fine, and I have access to the computer and the screen when I hit the start button when riding, so I can change the parameters as I want even if it takes time, but I am afraid something else goes wrong.

I emailed Bafang and Elifebike, but I didn't receive any answer yet. Can anybody help me?

Raymond

I could not install the speedometer because the wiring wasn't long enough, so I had an error 21 on my screen all the time after a few minutes, but the rest of the system was working OK, so I let it like that

I think you should connect the speedometer cable. I am surprised that anything worked. Without the speedometer cable the controller can't calculate speed and one of the required parameters is max speed.

You can buy an extension cable http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=192

Court J.

Thanks for the link Court, at Elifebike, they told me there was no extension available. I received an answer yesterday from them: they say that, since my throttle doesn't work, I should change my controller. How come it happened so fast, I rode my bike for less than a year. Did I do something wrong? If I don't change it, will the motor stop running even when I pedal some day?

Last edited:
Back