Priority second ebike ?

Funpilot

Region
USA
I believe that there will be a second ebike coming in January, 2023 but it is not a competitor to the Current, so do not miss the current specials to wait to see what this new ebike will be about. Sounds like it will look like the Beach Cruiser but have a lower step over. Key here is that it will be a very pretty single speed bike and if bought through Costco, could be about $700 lower than a Current. It may also have a throttle, but am not sure. I live in mostly flat country so am wondering if I should wait for this new bike or get the Enviolo version of the Current. Any thoughts?

I guess it depends on what your are going to do with it. If you have hills, a single seed is not ideal for a mid-drive. However, for cruising down a flat beach trail, it would be ideal. No need for multiple gears. You may also want to consider top speed. Generally, you will need gear to achieve mid to high 20's mph.

For me, the Current does a lot for very little. $2520 with the current Costco discount.

What is your opinion if the new bike has a throttle? I have seen the videos on adding a throttle but I saw nothing about walk speed. Also wonder if that would void the warranty ? Do you miss the throttle?

Back