Priority Single Speed E Bike?

Funpilot

Region
USA
Looks like Priority may introduce a single speed electric version of their Beach Cruiser with a lower step through in January. If someone lives in an area with few hills, is this worth waiting for till January to see reviews on this new bike. I have heard that it should be very nicely priced through Costco. I am also looking at the Current with Enviolo hub, but I think this new bike might be about 700-900 less.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few improvements to the Current, as I would give my current Current to a family member. I rode a beach style cruiser a few weeks ago though (rented Pedego) and that is not something I would be interested in. In short, I didn't like the handling at all. Plenty of people seem to love the beach cruiser wide handlebar, but I'm not one of them.

I love my Current, but a little refinement here and there would be appreciated: My friend and I (she also has a Current) have both complained about the front light mount coming loose, and as far as I could tell, the light is not easily removable. I'd also like to see a higher watt hour battery, at least as an option. A more up to date color display would be nice, but the present one gets the job done. I'm also very satisfied with the Shimano shifter, but an extra gear on the top end would be on my wish list too.

I asked them about adding a throttle to the Current. I was told that it would take them at least a year after making the decision to do that to get it implemented. They have not yet made that decision at least two weeks ago. The new single speed will have a throttle.

As noted in the other thread, someone purchased a display / throttle splitter from Truckrun and installed a throttle. I am making my own splitter now. Priority could add one now if they wanted to. They don’t because of the various laws in the states.

Back