Price increase at Juiced Bikes

By $100. Hopefully this means better customer support. And not just surge pricing (charging more to reduce demand to match supply).

My CCS is now $300 (plus tax) costlier - price increase, $100 coupon, and $100 premium not charged for silver if you got the battery upgrade (this was a bug that was fixed)...

Parenthetically, I was always surprised the RCS didn't cost more. More powerful motor, heavier, bigger hardware. (Maybe better suspension fork?). I imagine margins on the CCS are higher.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it took this long.

Costs for pre-delivery support are clearly higher than expected (those of us waiting for bikes). Tora mentioned multiple times the increased costs to shipping and the increased costs for delivery to customers.

And clearly there is demand.

Note: So far the RCS with 52V is still the same price, so if that was your target.. jump on it.

I was actually expecting the 19 and 21 battery options to go up while keeping the 13ah the same price.

I see battery prices have not increased.

Yeah, the unexpected increased costs for them are from one of two things:

*Higher than expected defect rates, which require customer support and replacement parts (though maybe some parts are covered by the parts supplier?)
*Underestimate of overhead costs - this should become less of an issue to the extent Juiced increases sales volumes.

So I went to the Juiced site out of curiosity. The CCS can no longer be ordered with the 52V battery. I am guessing the supply limitations forced them to divert to RCS only. Makes me so happy I ordered when I did. I certainly love the big battery, the 19.2Ah would do the job I need, just would be more limited in performance at the end of my commute; I also wonder how limited with me only charging to 80%, as that is 100% on a 48V pack.
It'll be interesting to see if Juiced makes the big battery available again in the future on the CCS.

Still a good deal...
Factual statement. HELLUVA good deal, STILL !! In fact, when I started shopping for bikes in earnest, it really skews the numbers when you would compare a <insert name of bike market bike here> to a Juiced CCS or RCS, and always come back to the final price, which was ALWAYS in Juiced favor.
It was so out of whack low that I had very positive conversations with both my loan officer at the credit union (she made copies of the RCS and CCS that I had printed out to show her what i wanted to buy) and a few secretaries who overheard me raving about this amazing bike that I couldn't wait to own. I also tried to get a couple guys to buy one with me to get the $200 off 2 bikes promo !! I still say back in April I was Juiced top volunteer salesman :)

Once Juiced replenishes supply, they could do a $20 referral program. Would incentivize existing owners to do informal test rides for their friends.

Or store credit.

Or do like tesla - refer 10 people in a quarter and get a good perk, refer 40 people in a six month window and get a great perk.

Back