PowerOn LCD display/programming instructions

sblessley

Region
Canada
First post... please be gentle :)

My wife and I picked up two PowerOn ebikes. Doing my research, PowerOn seems to have been a flash-in-the-pan manufacturer (maybe "integrator" is a better term). The bikes are obviously based on a frame style from Pedego, but when they were last sold (late 2018?) they retailed around US$1600 - a lot less than the Pedego. Whether that's inferior components, or lower margins doesn't really matter. They're gone, mostly without a trace.

I've been looking "all over" (including reviewing hundreds of photos from image search) for the programming guide for the display. Unfortunately, the only identification on it says "Intelligent", which is not an... intelligent brand name for web searches. I did find one (exactly one) with a similar display, although it doesn't have its on/off and up/down buttons on the unit.

If any of you have a PowerOn... and instructions for it, I'd very much appreciate hearing from you!

Attachments

• 2021-03-23_13-23-45.jpg
    2021-03-23_13-23-45.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 158492117_10225560508463456_6827814746627343526_o.jpg
    158492117_10225560508463456_6827814746627343526_o.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 183
Nuts. Was fooling around with the display today, now the battery indicator flashes empty regardless of the battery actual state. Hope somebody out there has instructions!

Nuts. Was fooling around with the display today, now the battery indicator flashes empty regardless of the battery actual state. Hope somebody out there has instructions!
Tell us more about the bikes. You say they were "picked up". What does that mean? Were they free? Did you purchase from original owners and at a discount? Are they in working condition? Can you charge the batteries and do the batteries have status lights on them to see what level of charge they have?

As a last resort, if you don't have significant money in these bikes, consider buying new controllers with displays.

I purchased them from a private seller, for a bit more than half of what they were selling for in 2018. She and her now-ex were going to start a rental business. The ex- can't find (or isn't willing to look for) any paperwork or instructions.

The bikes work fine, the batteries hold a full charge. Now, after fooling with the display's buttons in order to get back into the its programming interface, the charge indicator now reads "empty" regardless of the charge. I can verify the state of charge by pressing a button on the battery case, but it isn't exactly "at a glance".

Aside from that, mostly I want to get the displays reading in MPH instead of KPH.

I purchased them from a private seller, for a bit more than half of what they were selling for in 2018. She and her now-ex were going to start a rental business. The ex- can't find (or isn't willing to look for) any paperwork or instructions.

The bikes work fine, the batteries hold a full charge. Now, after fooling with the display's buttons in order to get back into the its programming interface, the charge indicator now reads "empty" regardless of the charge. I can verify the state of charge by pressing a button on the battery case, but it isn't exactly "at a glance".

Aside from that, mostly I want to get the displays reading in MPH instead of KPH.
Well at least they are working ebikes. If you can find out where the seller purchased them and it was a bike shop that is still in business, that shop may have a manual for them.

In your online search, did you see this about PowerOn? They only had 2 shipments to the U.S. One with 37 cartons and another with 10 packages. Maybe it could lead you in a good direction--there is info on their importers and manufacturers in that link.

Last edited:
Well at least they are working ebikes. If you can find out where the seller purchased them and it was a bike shop that is still in business, that shop may have a manual for them.

In your online search, did you see this about PowerOn? They only had 2 shipments to the U.S. One with 37 cartons and another with 10 packages. Maybe it could lead you in a good direction--there is info on their importers and manufacturers in that link.

Purchased directly from PowerOn, in Oregon, I believe. I've been to the web archive of their web page (poweronbikes.com I think) - most of the captured pages are unavailable. Thanks for the lead - I hadn't seen it.

Purchased directly from PowerOn, in Oregon, I believe. I've been to the web archive of their web page (poweronbikes.com I think) - most of the captured pages are unavailable. Thanks for the lead - I hadn't seen it.
You're welcome. I tried to go down that rabbit hole a bit with the Motorlife info. Another tip is to look at other displays branded with the Intelligent name (a little difficult, since many controllers use "Intelligent" as a generic term). Some of the other Intelligent brand controller displays may use the same input sequence to gain access to the menu options.

Also one of the distributors was superscooters in Canada. Their website is still active. It could be them that sold PowerOn ebikes but no longer do. Another possible place to contact and ask if they ever sold PowerOn ebikes.

You're welcome. I tried to go down that rabbit hole a bit with the Motorlife info. Another tip is to look at other displays branded with the Intelligent name (a little difficult, since many controllers use "Intelligent" as a generic term). Some of the other Intelligent brand controller displays may use the same input sequence to gain access to the menu options.

Also one of the distributors was superscooters in Canada. Their website is still active. It could be them that sold PowerOn ebikes but no longer do. Another possible place to contact and ask if they ever sold PowerOn ebikes.

Back