Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Even the CrossCurrent S which had a firm arrival date in the US (8/22) is just creeping out, with nobody on the thread for this bike reporting a shipment unless they had pre-ordered the previous model.

To be fair, 8/22 was quoted as the "estimated" arrival date of the bikes to Juiced offices in CA from overseas and they did arrive on that day. They've been shipping them out daily since then.

I spoke to Tora yesterday at the ebike event at the Electric Bicycle Center in Fullerton. He said if you order right now, as it says on the website, expect an early-mid-November delivery. It sounded like the first, small batch just arrived in San Diego. I'm guessing they will go out soon. No idea what this means for those who ordered just after the Founders series, but I'm thinking a mid-October arrival for those (pure speculation on my part). Hope he brings us all up to date soon.

BTW rode the Cross Current S. What a kickass bike for the money. I rode the older 350 W Air Current a month or so ago, and it just destroys it in terms of power. Really impressive. Also, rode the new Air with 500 watts, and while better than the previous version, still lags behind the CCS.

How come you didn't say to him WTF, dude!

I ordered in the first week of this month Aug. under the assumption that he bikes were ready to be shipped. I prepaid about $3,200.00 for every option available less the high torque motor. When I spoke with the San Diego store it was made clear to me that I would be getting delivery in late August to early September. I am still holding my breath as I have a trip planned specifically to take this bike with. Since I have not heard any different from Juiced I expect delivery by the 15th. If not I would like to know from the company directly if I need to cancel my order. I can have a different bike delivered by then if I know now or at least this week!

I ordered in the first week of this month Aug. under the assumption that he bikes were ready to be shipped. I prepaid about $3,200.00 for every option available less the high torque motor. When I spoke with the San Diego store it was made clear to me that I would be getting delivery in late August to early September. I am still holding my breath as I have a trip planned specifically to take this bike with. Since I have not heard any different from Juiced I expect delivery by the 15th. If not I would like to know from the company directly if I need to cancel my order. I can have a different bike delivered by then if I know now or at least this week!

I honestly do not think there is a chance you will get it by September 15th. I ordered July 14th, and I hope I will get it by mid October.
If you are in rush, I think you should contact Juiced again and ask for update.

I honestly do not think there is a chance you will get it by September 15th. I ordered July 14th, and I hope I will get it by mid October.
If you are in rush, I think you should contact Juiced again and ask for update.
Thanks. I just wanted this bike but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

Keith,

I almost ordered the Hype bike and was skeptical it would ship in time based on posts here. I ordered the crosscurrent S since it sounded like it was a sure bet to ship when they said - this may have been a mistake.

https://emotionbikesusa.com/evo-awd-big-bud-pro/

This was a bike I cross shopped with the Hyperfat. It's not the same and doesn't check all the same boxes (power and range) but has something unique on the market (AWD). I never got to test ride it but it looks cool and has good reviews. Might be worth a look.

I'm still not sure what I'll do with my CCS order.

Thanks. I just wanted this bike but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

Fret not! Here's a couple of other fat tire options from low to high pricepoints:
Sondors Original, X, Fold, and Fold X,
Voltbike Yukon, and Mariner,
RadPower Rad Rover and Rad mini,
Pedego trail tracker
Luna cycles homebrewed stuff
iZip E3 Sumo
Emotion Big Bud
Bulls Monster

Last edited:
-EDIT- BUYER BEWARE. They are holding your money, You are on their schedule. Be willing to wait until after the New Year before it's ready.

Last edited:
All I want is an e-mail stating I am #? on the preorder list and my bike should ship on approximately X date.........thank you for your order.

-EDIT- BUYER BEWARE. They are holding your money, You are on their schedule. Be willing to wait until after the New Year before it's ready.
Had second thoughts and pulled the punch? Understandable. Either way, preordering this bike was and is a bad idea.

I have had mixed luck with Luna. I may purchase from them again given the state of the ebike market, but multiple purchases left a bad taste in my mouth.

I have had mixed luck with Luna. I may purchase from them again given the state of the ebike market, but multiple purchases left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm curious about yours (and anyone else's) experiences with Luna. I had considered purchasing a HyperFat until recently, and have expanded my bike search. Right now I'm most strongly considering
1) Purchasing a fully-assembled ebike from Luna
2) Purchasing my own bike and doing a kit build with a BBSHD

How was your experience with Luna?

Post sales support was slow to respond. They once sent me a returned item (had obviously been installed and damaged) and ultimately refunded me but it was slow - like weeks - to get it done. As has happened to me a couple times with Juiced support, sometimes you send a message, just don't hear anything, try back a day or two later, and they pick up as if you'd never sent the first message. I was buying a hub motor setup and ultimately ended up getting some of it from Golden Motor Canada which came much more quickly. Their battery has been fine for what it's worth. I have the top model Luna charger - it is fine too, but I would get a Cycle Satiator if I was starting over.

I never bought a full bike but have heard complaints about them coming slowly. I have occasionally seen the option for a "priority build" on their website - its a valid option to offer it, just a business decision that rubs me the wrong way. Warranty is a paid option, too.

If you're looking at the BBSHD, two other options are the Lectric Cycles 1000W mid drive (they OEM the BBSHD and I believe upgrade some internals, so it's a bit more expensive - I think Court has reviewed it) or the TSDZ2 - a less powerful mid-drive with a torque sensor.

This was up there among my considered options, and I may revisit it if my CCS doesn't come soon: https://electricbikereview.com/easy-motion/evo-big-bud-pro/

I'm past worrying about the wait or the sometimes frustrating communications. I just need to know if I'm going to get an inadequate battery for the bike, with a 20 mile range or if I need to pay something to upgrade. I hope juiced will work with me considering they advertised the small battery as 30-60 mile range. No response after two weeks, to email or on here. If there is such an overwhelming demand from internet sales, it might be worth hiring an internet spokesperson to answer these questions.

Back