Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

I heard that the frames are not strong enough and there will be another video explaining the updates to the bike made or released this week. also the first 150 bikes ordered will be shipped sometime in October.

I heard that the frames are not strong enough and there will be another video explaining the updates to the bike made or released this week. also the first 150 bikes ordered will be shipped sometime in October.

Yikes. The June 22 blog stated they needed to make 400 at that time. Plus however many orders were placed since. Hope batches are bigger than 150 or it will be a while.

If those frames aren't strong enough, is there any way to make them stronger after they've left the factory? I hope we hear something soon.

I just email Juiced because I am slowly loosing patience. They say they will post update on Facebook next day, it's been 3-4 days since then. They say the production started in June, it's been 3 months and it actually still has not started....Let's see what will they reply

I just email Juiced because I am slowly loosing patience. They say they will post update on Facebook next day, it's been 3-4 days since then. They say the production started in June, it's been 3 months and it actually still has not started....Let's see what will they reply
Please let us know what you hear.

The CrossCurrent S got yet another update today, so at least they are consistent in snubbing HyperFat backers.

I could have invested my order money and would have made more than enough to the cost increase since my order was placed. Starting to wonder if that might still hold true before this damn thing ships.

@Tora Harris, how about an update before you leave for China this week? Lest you fall into the interwebs black hole again. Or get the idea to launch another model before the HyperFat is done.

Please let us know what you hear.

willie2, Yesterday at 5:44 PM

You want the TRUTH......You want the TRUTH..... You can't handle the TRUTH!!! Jack Nicholson A few good men.

I ordered mine in May for my B-Day present to myself, figuring a July delivery per the web site. Now I am hoping for this to be my Christmas present. If it comes next may, I may have to ask for a senior citizen discount because I will be there!

You want the TRUTH......You want the TRUTH..... You can't handle the TRUTH!!! Jack Nicholson A few good men.

I ordered mine in May for my B-Day present to myself, figuring a July delivery per the web site. Now I am hoping for this to be my Christmas present. If it comes next may, I may have to ask for a senior citizen discount because I will be there!

You should have it by your next birthday, I am confident of that! :)

So it seems the fancy CAD screen shots of the bike that's shown on some of their videos were probably to judge part size only for fit-up prior to welding. I would guess they are not utilizing software that allows FEA (finite element analysis) to "test" the frame in a computer simulation. Such engineering takes time, and of course, time is money.

There is an update on their website and the HyperFat is 'sold out', no more pre orders.

"Update Sep 6, 2017:
Quick Update on the HyperFat Founders Series
First off sorry for the massive delay on this product. It has been quite difficult to get these bikes out. We have all the parts for all the Founders Series bikes ordered and sitting at the factory, but one part we requested to be reworked before assembly. This is very disappointing, but we will only let the bikes be release correctly.
It is not 100% sure the exact date of completion. We are targeting September assembly and can deliver the bikes before the end of Nov. I am going back to the factory next week to check the status and solidify timeframes.
We understand some people cannot wait or want the refund. This is totally understandable. We will give the 100% refund to you and hold your place on the order anyway. We will also suspend additional pre-ordering until we get all the over 100 FS-HF shipped as we now have enough parts to make every pre-order.
Anyway we got already a small shipment of the final specification HF units which can be tested at our facility in San Diego but not sold as we wait for re-worked parts. The performance can reach the targets promised and it is quite impressive.
Just let us know if you want to try it and are in the area and bring a helmet. We will also do some other test ride events once the bikes start shipping. Things will go much smoother once we get over all the hurdles and bottlenecks resolved. Thank you for your patience so far.
-Tora"

There is an update on their website and the HyperFat is 'sold out', no more pre orders.

"Update Sep 6, 2017:
Quick Update on the HyperFat Founders Series
First off sorry for the massive delay on this product. It has been quite difficult to get these bikes out. We have all the parts for all the Founders Series bikes ordered and sitting at the factory, but one part we requested to be reworked before assembly. This is very disappointing, but we will only let the bikes be release correctly.
It is not 100% sure the exact date of completion. We are targeting September assembly and can deliver the bikes before the end of Nov. I am going back to the factory next week to check the status and solidify timeframes.
We understand some people cannot wait or want the refund. This is totally understandable. We will give the 100% refund to you and hold your place on the order anyway. We will also suspend additional pre-ordering until we get all the over 100 FS-HF shipped as we now have enough parts to make every pre-order.
Anyway we got already a small shipment of the final specification HF units which can be tested at our facility in San Diego but not sold as we wait for re-worked parts. The performance can reach the targets promised and it is quite impressive.
Just let us know if you want to try it and are in the area and bring a helmet. We will also do some other test ride events once the bikes start shipping. Things will go much smoother once we get over all the hurdles and bottlenecks resolved. Thank you for your patience so far.
-Tora"

This is a respectable response to an unfortunate situation. For as frustrating as it's been lately and as much as I've griped about the lack up communication, this is about the best way it could be addressed. Very much appreciate you owning up to the situation, @Tora Harris. Please keep the updates rolling and you won't have to worry about refunds and reserved spots in line.

Back