Powered Easy Racer Gold Rush built for distance

Aushiker

Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
This custom Easy Racer Gold Rush belongs to Bill Bushnell. You can read about his bikes and rides on his website. One recent ride was 174 miles on this bike. Pretty impressive build.

easy-racer-gold-recumbent-hypermiler-ebike.jpg

Andrew

Wow... That is an inspiring electric bike. It's got the full front wind fairing, multiple large battery boxes (all low and center... love that) and a rear spoiler air deflector thing (what's that called?)

That's impressive. Reminds me of the Organic Transit ELF but looks a bit more like a regular bicycle. Narrower and more open but might not protect you from the rain or sun on those long 150+ mile trips. Maybe he wears a hatbrella?

hat-umbrella.jpg

Wow... That is an inspiring electric bike. It's got the full front wind fairing, multiple large battery boxes (all low and center... love that) and a rear spoiler air deflector thing (what's that called?)

I suspect that on this Gold Rush Replica is a tail box (rear fairing) with the only function being to add to the aerodynamics of the bike. I have a variation on my LoGo Lighting P-38 which is a Angletech Aerotrunk so it provides some aero benefit along with storage.

angletech-aerotrunk-bike-bag.jpg

That's impressive. Reminds me of the Organic Transit ELF but looks a bit more like a regular bicycle. Narrower and more open but might not protect you from the rain or sun on those long 150+ mile trips. Maybe he wears a hatbrella?

I suspect it is a touch faster than the Elf :) Adding the sock to a Tour Easy bike really makes a difference in speed.

That hatbrella is different for sure :)

Andrew

Back