possible list of owners location and their bikes?

vincent

was wondering if we might make a list somewhere of owners, where they live and what bikes they have

since so many of us buy online etc and cannot see what we are buying before hand, would be nice to see some of the bikes in person, especially if someone in your city or close had one

personally i would write up no liability forms for signing but would willing to show my bikes to anyone in tucson or phx who wanted to see them before they make a decision etc

This is a good idea. Bring your bike (s) to a public meeting place. Good way to make friends :)

was wondering if we might make a list somewhere of owners, where they live and what bikes they have

I dont want to appear paranoid; but making a database of what ebikes you got;might be used as a tool for criminals. One thing is writing about & showing bikes in threads in this forum. But making a "list"/ database would be ssomething quiet else.
Connecting ebike-enthusiasts is how ever a great idea.

since so many of us buy online etc and cannot see what we are buying before hand, would be nice to see some of the bikes in person, especially if someone in your city or close had one

personally i would write up no liability forms for signing but would willing to show my bikes to anyone in tucson or phx who wanted to see them before they make a decision etc

About 10 days ago I mentioned that idea to Court. He's traveling alot lately, so it might be awhile. Start a conversation with him, and suggest the idea to him.
I put my state/city as my id icon, for that reason.

I would like to see this in some fashion. Screen name, bike and metro area or some general geographical location

EBR respects everyone's right to privacy and when each new member creates their login, they have the option to include information about where they live or what they ride; however, to require it would be over reaching. Lots of members post what they ride; it's a lot of fun to see the pics and see where they ride. Others just want access to the information about electric bikes.

The best place to start a search for an ebike in person would be a local bike shop where you could do a test ride and get to know the staff that would be your support team while you own the bike. Each specific brand forum on EBR is another way to connect with people who already own what you might be considering purchasing.Many owners are passionate about their ebikes and write about them in those forums. And there's nothing stopping you from posting on that forum where you are and that you'd like to meet somewhere public to see a particular bike in person. If you get a response, great.

Another method to meet electric bike riders would be to post a proposed meetup in your town in the Events, Rides & Shows forum. So just a few thoughts on how to achieve what you want without violating privacy.

Ann, I don't think anyone was talking about requiring people be on a list...just to make a list available.

Guess it would be a bit of work...

definitely not requesting that it be required

just i am personally open to showing my bikes to anyone in my state before they decide to purchase one

a lot of us are buying online/and or bikes that are not in shops like rad rover and cannot see these bikes in person

i will also try to add my state to my profile if not already there

not seeing how you guys did that, i guess you found a pic online and uploaded it somehow

on all car forums i belong to it is somewhat expected your car years, make , model will be listed in your signature and that your state at least is listed in profile or sig so people know what you have and how to help you

also think most forum members are listed by state somewhere, sure you can probably opt out of that stuff but it seems most people dont

i have 3 of my bikes listed in the signature but for some reason they dont show up

If you want to try to find a map or icon of your location...
Search page > enter your city and state > at the top choose images

I use it to find all kinds of images

not seeing how you guys did that, i guess you found a pic online and uploaded it

Yes, exactly. I just Google my cit/state...saved the image..then uploaded it in my profile (took a little while to figure it out..but not too bad).

I was wondering the same thing. I would love to at least sit on radrover, but it looks to be too large for my 5'4" frame. Unfortunately, in my area of Michigan, bike shops are no longer willing to carry the Ebikes for some reason. Radrover has a referral system of $50, perhaps these manufactures can create a type of reward system to get some people to participate as well. I need an Ebike with a throttle as I have a muscle disease but I am no longer able to find one.

I think Court has provided a forum for sharing as much personal information as the member feels comfortable in doing, that's the 'Introduce Yourself' forum. It's the very first forum in the list and of the more than 5000 members that have signed up here, only 34 have introduced themselves. With so much personal information being gathered without our permission, I think most people have become leary volunteering it.

if we have 5000 members and everyone put in an introduction then you would have to read 5000 of those to find who is in your area

if we could put our city and state in the avatar area then that woudl help, and anyone who does not want to put it in there doesnt have to

jjstar i am 5'6" and it is big for me, i put on swept back handlebars and that helped
standover at my height is barely
when i ask rad power if they could ask an az owner to contact me about the mini they said try the facebook page
so try that maybe

i did have a friend ride it the other weekend, she is 5'5" and she did ok but it is a lot of bike to handle being shorter

if your budget allowed i would look at one of the other fat bikes that come in sizes like izip etc
think most of those are 1000-1500 more

and you might consider the mini, it does not ride as smooth as the rover but is not bad with a suspension seat post and much shorter- although still a pretty big bike
i have tried hard to find a 20 inch fat bike front suspension fork but havent yet, that would probably help and maybe as they get more popular will be available

EBR respects everyone's right to privacy and when each new member creates their login, they have the option to include information about where they live or what they ride; however, to require it would be over reaching. Lots of members post what they ride; it's a lot of fun to see the pics and see where they ride. Others just want access to the information about electric bikes.

The best place to start a search for an ebike in person would be a local bike shop where you could do a test ride and get to know the staff that would be your support team while you own the bike. Each specific brand forum on EBR is another way to connect with people who already own what you might be considering purchasing.Many owners are passionate about their ebikes and write about them in those forums. And there's nothing stopping you from posting on that forum where you are and that you'd like to meet somewhere public to see a particular bike in person. If you get a response, great.

Another method to meet electric bike riders would be to post a proposed meetup in your town in the Events, Rides & Shows forum. So just a few thoughts on how to achieve what you want without violating privacy.

Hi all,

I did a search for, "Wisconsin ", and the results were for posts that included the word Wisconsin.

I try to read the "introduce yourself ", and I bet I don't come close to .25% of the new posts.

Considering the suggested forum would be voluntary, I don't see how it could be an issue for those who don't want to use it.

Those of us who are able to buy our bikes locally, have the opportunity to meet other ebike owners. Many people don't have ebike stores within a hundred + miles, and don't have the opportunity to meet others who would also like to meet, or form groups.

Count me in

if we have 5000 members and everyone put in an introduction then you would have to read 5000 of those to find who is in your area

if we could put our city and state in the avatar area then that woudl help, and anyone who does not want to put it in there doesnt have to

jjstar i am 5'6" and it is big for me, i put on swept back handlebars and that helped
standover at my height is barely
when i ask rad power if they could ask an az owner to contact me about the mini they said try the facebook page
so try that maybe

i did have a friend ride it the other weekend, she is 5'5" and she did ok but it is a lot of bike to handle being shorter

if your budget allowed i would look at one of the other fat bikes that come in sizes like izip etc
think most of those are 1000-1500 more

and you might consider the mini, it does not ride as smooth as the rover but is not bad with a suspension seat post and much shorter- although still a pretty big bike
i have tried hard to find a 20 inch fat bike front suspension fork but havent yet, that would probably help and maybe as they get more popular will be available

I am just under 5'4", the EG Athens is a good, inexpensive, starter bike. I had the EVO Street, but I had a problem with the size. I think 5'5" would be ok. I just bought a Pedego 24" Interceptor, and I am fine! I almost bought this instead of the EVO. It is a very easy bike to operate, easy to use and see computer, etc..
Con, it is 2x the price I had in mind, when I first started looking for an ebike. But, for me it is an opportunity to ride again... well worth it, for me.

Back