Portable battery to recharge bike battery

No, I do not think it will work. A small ebike battery is 8AH, and I believe these don't have half that capacity. Your charger will power up, but it will not last long.

Although that powerbank says 42000maH or 42 AH, the Powerbank industry uses a different math to rate their batteries. It's far lower in reality. How low, I don't know, but I would bet it's around 4AH, if ebike definitions were used.

Good for laptops, tablets, and phones.

I was just playing with my QVC Halo. 65,000mWh 65 Watt rated on the output of the 110 volt socket. These are on the smaller to medium size of these kinds accessory chargers.

It definitely won't allow charging with the 4A charger even when the bike battery is fully charged. It shut down within seconds of being plugged in.

Just on a lark I started plugging various devices into it to see what would happen. Two slice toaster wouldn't even lock the handle down before it said no way. Old school Graylab darkroom timer (big analog dial) no sweat. What surprised me was that it would run a lasko oscillating fan without tripping. No data plate on the fan so don't know what the actual draw would be. It definitely took longer to spin up but did continue to run on all speeds.

If I had all the money in the world I would buy the 2A charger just to try out. I'd be willing to bet that it just MIGHT not trip the circuit, but would probably fry the electronics in the Halo. I suspect that the electronics in any of these portable devices were not designed for their maximum current draw for any length of time.

I suspect one would have to buy a very large battery bank before this would become feasible.

prob best to buy a 2nd battery. Also chargers require "clean" electricity, same as a new TV or other high end electronics, no contruction stye generators...

Back