Pinarello Dyodo: First Impressions

gentryfunk

After a purchase from Wrench Science, I paid 1/2 price for the Dyodo and waited for delivery. The bike itself is, remarkably, almost exactly like the non-Ebike Prince. The lines are clean and dramatically aero.

Assembly was straightforward and I appreciate the number of the necessary torx wrench printed on the bike. The bike comes with SRAM (meh) 11spd, and it works. (Honestly, Campagnolo components are markedly better)

After charging the 250watt battery for 4 hours it was fully charged and I hit the road.

first and foremost, the easiest support (about 15% power assist) was blisteringly fast. I quickly hit the 20mph limit while riding. I hit two big hills right away, both 10%+. I tapped the button that changes to power assist to the highest setting, and climbed. Spinning in the highest cog, my heart rate stayed really low and I motored up the hill. Then I did it again...lowest setting. I got a good workout AND the lowest assist just took the edge off...making the hill climb a great ride.

I live in New Mexico and wind is a constant friend/foe. I took the bike out in a crazy wind storm (20+ constant) and turned on assist as I turned into the maelstrom. Incredibly, I could ride and maintain a solid 10mph even with the huge gusts. Too, the aero frame was a blessing; the bike cut through the wind and was stable.

Speaking of the bike, it’s so responsive that when I went downhill, I felt so confident that I hit 50mph and felt confident. This was 10moh over my previous high. The bike tracks so well.
Some have talked about how the way the assist cuts in and out; it’s not a big deal and near a stop, stop pedaling and the bikes slows down.

I ride a lot and absolutely love the feel and ride quality of the bike. The assist allows me to choose my workout and that, in and of itself is worth it. My fellow riders are definitely not into the ebike. Get a lot of folks poopooing the whole idea. At the same time, I can maintain pace and ride with the fastest among the group I ride with. Still, they hate that I can pull up front and not be spent at the end of the ride.For me, it’s really nice to ride and ride, and be able to do it again the next day without exhaustion.

Love the Dyodo. It’s awesome.

7DACBEF8-0395-4988-8ACD-97ED56A834BC.jpeg

That’s a beautiful bike. I had an Orbea with the same Ebikemotion X35 system. I love how it keeps the weight relatively low and keeps the bike nimble.

One update on the bike; the single problem I'm experiencing is dialing in the disc brakes. I realize how good disc brakes can be, and the drag is really annoying. I've cleaned, adjusted, and etc ad nauseam. My plan now is to get the bleed kit and bleed them for a better response. Right now, the front brake barely grabs the rotor. Sigh,

Ok so first longish ride on the Dyodo. The challenge for this ride is a massive 9.6 mile climb of 10%+ and a brutal headwind at the base of the Sandia Mountains. I turned on assist as I hit the climb, using the lowest am setting until I reached the 10+ grade. I clicked to medium assist (averaging 50 watts) and the 15 mph wind was in my face.

The ride was a challenge, and I completed the ride with the Dyodo 30 minutes faster. Nice.

Here’s the route if you are in ABQ.

Attachments

• 22739CA6-0B65-4A88-B85E-F729FCCEE66B.jpeg
    22739CA6-0B65-4A88-B85E-F729FCCEE66B.jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 383
Ok so first longish ride on the Dyodo. The challenge for this ride is a massive 9.6 mile climb of 10%+ and a brutal headwind at the base of the Sandia Mountains. I turned on assist as I hit the climb, using the lowest am setting until I reached the 10+ grade. I clicked to medium assist (averaging 50 watts) and the 15 mph wind was in my face.

The ride was a challenge, and I completed the ride with the Dyodo 30 minutes faster. Nice.

Here’s the route if you are in ABQ.

You're going faster uphill then I am on the flats (unassisted bike)!

After a purchase from Wrench Science, I paid 1/2 price for the Dyodo and waited for delivery. The bike itself is, remarkably, almost exactly like the non-Ebike Prince. The lines are clean and dramatically aero.

Assembly was straightforward and I appreciate the number of the necessary torx wrench printed on the bike. The bike comes with SRAM (meh) 11spd, and it works. (Honestly, Campagnolo components are markedly better)

After charging the 250watt battery for 4 hours it was fully charged and I hit the road.

first and foremost, the easiest support (about 15% power assist) was blisteringly fast. I quickly hit the 20mph limit while riding. I hit two big hills right away, both 10%+. I tapped the button that changes to power assist to the highest setting, and climbed. Spinning in the highest cog, my heart rate stayed really low and I motored up the hill. Then I did it again...lowest setting. I got a good workout AND the lowest assist just took the edge off...making the hill climb a great ride.

I live in New Mexico and wind is a constant friend/foe. I took the bike out in a crazy wind storm (20+ constant) and turned on assist as I turned into the maelstrom. Incredibly, I could ride and maintain a solid 10mph even with the huge gusts. Too, the aero frame was a blessing; the bike cut through the wind and was stable.

Speaking of the bike, it’s so responsive that when I went downhill, I felt so confident that I hit 50mph and felt confident. This was 10moh over my previous high. The bike tracks so well.
Some have talked about how the way the assist cuts in and out; it’s not a big deal and near a stop, stop pedaling and the bikes slows down.

I ride a lot and absolutely love the feel and ride quality of the bike. The assist allows me to choose my workout and that, in and of itself is worth it. My fellow riders are definitely not into the ebike. Get a lot of folks poopooing the whole idea. At the same time, I can maintain pace and ride with the fastest among the group I ride with. Still, they hate that I can pull up front and not be spent at the end of the ride.For me, it’s really nice to ride and ride, and be able to do it again the next day without exhaustion.

View attachment 65073
Who is selling bikes for half price?

Nice Pino, I own a full carbon Pinarello myself, non electric though with all Shimano Di2 and campy bora wheelset.
I can't really imagine riding an roadie ebike though as I like the leg burn from riding my road bike.

The ebikemotion X35 system will still let you get your leg burn on...you just get to travel further than usual.

View attachment 65073
A late Fall/early Winter update. So I wondered at how the cold weather would affect the battery on the Dyodo. I keep the bike in a heated space and wasn’t too concerned about performance in the cold. However, I have noticed a much reduced range once I am deep into a ride. The Ebikemotion app shows 52 mile range once I start. The range declines rapidly in sub-30 degree weather.

My typical 28.7 mile ride with the setting on #1 uses about 75% of the battery by the time I’m home. Now, I am dealing with wind (often in Albuquerque) and that does affect the range. Still, the battery is affected by the cold.

In other ways, this bike is remarkable. I’ve never ridden such a responsive bike and I absolutely love the stability and speed I can reach. As I’ve mentioned before, I can ride downhill at over 50 mph and feel good about the speed. Too, the bike corners like it’s on rails, and I love the tubeless wheels it came with (Vision rims; pirelli tires).

Honestly, I absolutely love the bike and cannot imagine riding anything else. The relatively light weight and assist is a beautiful combination.

Cheers!

Just went on three rides so far with the Dyodo Road. So far, I really enjoy it. This is my first eBike.

PROS:
- relatively light weight for a road eBike @ 28 lbs
- similar to the Pinarello Prince geometry
- eBikemotion unit is easy to use w/three speeds, color-coded
- has the ability to use extended 'water-bottle' battery
- pretty much rides like a good aero road bike.

some CONS:
- still a bit heavy at around 28 lbs (forces me to try to lose around 8 pounds off my stomach!)
- speed limit at around 20mph (forces me to pedal faster to keep up with groups; I have to admit, the weight of the bike makes it hard to increase speed in flat terrain; not sure why)
- hard to connect AC adapter to plug in with the extended battery cage installed
- at around 20 mph, the motor turns on/off, trying to maintain the speed; it's a bit annoying; this is at ORANGE/RED settings (med/fast)
- I think my SRAM Force components need some adjustment as the shifting is off; annoying to say the least.

All in all, really fun to ride this.

Cheers!

CJ

Back