Picked up S-Works Turbo Levo FSR

RRAPTRR

A few weeks ago, I made the plunge (gulp) and picked up the S-Works Turbo Levo. This baby had been sitting at the front display of my local bike shop for a few months, and every time I walked by it called my name! Before this, I was riding a Luna-Cycle converted Trek mid-drive.. but it just wasn't up to the task of the off-road abuse! Both me and the bike were getting too beat up! I figured it was time for an upgrade, and had been eyeing this bike for too long.

Originally, I was going to go with a Comp model and MAYBE an Expert... But I asked what they would REALLY sell it to me for, as the sticker MSRP is $9500 on this bad boy. We negotiated a bit, and they eventually agreed to sell it for 20% off since it's technically a 2016 model, which came out to $7600. Essentially the same price as the 2017 Expert model they had also (they wouldn't discount 2017 bikes).

From the very first trail ride... I was both hooked, and blown away. My converted bike made it easy to go anywhere, but it was NOT on the same level of fun and not NEARLY as smooth as this bike. The way this thing tackles the rough downhill sections is just incredible... literally floats over rocks I used to have to navigate around a bit. Even when not using the power, it feels like you're cheating when flying downhill because of how well it tackles the rough terrain.

I've used the bike primarily in ECO mode, which I programmed to 25% assist. This is more than enough to get you up any hills you need (assuming you gear way down when you need to) and still give you a crazy good workout... you just cover an amazing amount of trails while doing so! I put the "Trail" power level at 45% for when I really need a push... and left the "TURBO" mode at 100%, which I've only used a handful of times just for fun (and boy, is it fun).

The S-Works model stands out a bit from the Expert, mostly because of the carbon fiber wheels and handle bars... I weighed the bike at 48.7 pounds with pedals, and tubeless conversion (tires filled with fluid)... which seems reasonable considering!

For now, I've yet to really find anything I DON'T like about the bike. The clean integration and lack of control screen I actually LOVE. Very stealthy look! I do have a Garmin Edge 820 that I use on the bike on occasion... allows you to also adjust the power output and view battery life, from the Garmin!

Can't say enough great things about the bike... highly recommend you try one, if you get the chance!

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_8902.JPG
    IMG_8902.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,385
I live in San Dimas, and have some great places to ride around me. Frank G Bonelli park has a TON of great trails and areas to explore:

https://goo.gl/maps/zkiFpARS6g42

Also, there's another trail system across the 57 Freeway, called Michael D Antonovich trail... single path about 4 miles in and back... but really fun and a lot of hill climbing!

Congrats on tne S Works Levo it's a beautiful bike. I've got the Expert had it for two weeks so far not much riding yet still on the original charge... lol

Kudos on the S-Works and Expert. I've had the FSR COMP for about a month now. It's monster green....had to get it due to heart issues. Started out using trail-mode about 90% of the time. Since then, I've gained strength from biking so much and now I use eco-mode about 90% of the time. I have trouble quitting before it gets dark because I'm having so much fun. I'm totally sold on 3 inch tires, they're icing on the cake.

I have the same bike - FLOORED! I'm an avid DH mtn biker who goes to Whistler each year to jump and ride....I peddle 2 days a week as well, his bike has me astonished. I feel it goes down as fast as my other bike (2016 Intense Carbine) I went on it's first huge ride yesterday and I'm still giddy. The up was flow fun too. I ride mine in Eco most of the time and you get a crazy workout. Most think you just twist a throttle for these bikes. I can honestly say that I will have one of these bikes for the rest of my life. (huge statement off a 20 year long mtn biking experience) Having said that, my large group of buddies are giving me Shi&* (because they have not tried it) Worth every penny

I have the same bike - FLOORED! I'm an avid DH mtn biker who goes to Whistler each year to jump and ride....I peddle 2 days a week as well, his bike has me astonished. I feel it goes down as fast as my other bike (2016 Intense Carbine) I went on it's first huge ride yesterday and I'm still giddy. The up was flow fun too. I ride mine in Eco most of the time and you get a crazy workout. Most think you just twist a throttle for these bikes. I can honestly say that I will have one of these bikes for the rest of my life. (huge statement off a 20 year long mtn biking experience) Having said that, my large group of buddies are giving me Shi&* (because they have not tried it) Worth every penny

Brian,
Glad to hear you are sold on the Turbo Levo. Don't worry about your buddies. Resistance to change is human nature. Remember, derailleurs were not allowed in the Tour de France until 1937. The Turbo Levo Mountain Bike is "fun on steroids", and that's what it's all about. The more fun, the more you ride,and the more your body benefits. Be safe and enjoy.....PS Love the 3 inch tires, wouldn't go smaller, great grip and rollover....

Rich

Hi Rich,

What tire pressure do you run? Tubeless?

I'm confused on the Mission Control settings and the frame LED. I know the frame (on switch/LED) has three settings, but then you have settings in Mission Control. Do you just us MC and ignore the three settings on the frame?

What MC settings do you use (can you possible do a screen shot of your phone on MC settings)?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi Rich,

***Please ignore this I have since answered my own questions.

--------

I'm confused on the Mission Control settings and the frame LED. I know the frame (on switch/LED) has three settings, but then you have settings in Mission Control. Do you just us MC and ignore the three settings on the frame?

What MC settings do you use (can you possible do a screen shot of your phone on MC settings)?

Hope this makes sense.

Hi Rich,

Hope this makes sense.

Brian, hello...

I run tubes, maybe when I get a flat, I'll change over to tubeless. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. I have flip phone , so I can't really comment on MC settings. I use eco 90% of the time and use boost only on the steepest of climbs. As to pressure, I run significantly above normal, but don't have the exact number. I don't like mushy tires, they are invitations to pinch flats. Greater rollover ability is the reward for high pressure, and I still have plenty of grip compared to my former stump jumper with 2.25 inch tires. Good biking and be safe...

Rich

I'm over 220lbs and am running 18 front 20 rear. I use the app and have the eco on 35% Trail 65% Turbo 100% . Never ran the battery out yet but working on it... Oh and same battery as you I'm running the Expert.

Back