Phone Mount Suggetions?

Planning to try the Mous Evolution Cycle mechanical Intralock system when the proprietary case for my Samsung Note20 is released...

iPhone cases have been out for a while, and now Pixel cases. Lots of promising reviews.

Anyone have experience with these?

NB: Try the Mous desktop site if the mobile site's too glitchy.

It shows!!!👍 I’m often amazed at your insights to practical design features. Concepts I struggle with are made simple by you. Your truck bike loading mod and ammo can are probably simple to you but for a dirt guy, well, amazing insights into practical applications.
I picked up many ideas from posts here on EBR, including a few of yours Tom. Many are simply improvements on the work of others.

I keep it really simple. I carry mine in a t shirt with a front pocket.
Most of the high visibility t shirts can be had with pockets. No more handlebar clutter.

Planning to try the Mous Evolution Cycle mechanical Intralock system when the proprietary case for my Samsung Note20 is released...

iPhone cases have been out for a while, and now Pixel cases. Lots of promising reviews.

Anyone have experience with these?

NB: Try the Mous desktop site if the mobile site's too glitchy.

Another option is the Peak Design Out Front Bike Mount. It's what I use with their excellent iPhone Everyday case. Peak Design sells cases for Apple, Samsung and Google devices. Unfortunately, their products are not inexpensive, but are usually well designed. The Mous Evolution Cycle mount and phone cases looks very similar to the ones from Peak Design.

Another option is the Peak Design Out Front Bike Mount. It's what I use with their excellent iPhone Everyday case. Peak Design sells cases for Apple, Samsung and Google devices. Unfortunately, their products are not inexpensive, but are usually well designed. The Mous Evolution Cycle mount and phone cases looks very similar to the ones from Peak Design.
Thanks! Like the flexibility -- including the "flip to film" feature. Wish the had a video to show it in action.

By 'flip to film' they mean using the thumb screw option that comes in the box to install the mount on the handlebar. This way no tool is required to adjust the mount.

See this video
Thanks -- very helpful! Looks promising. Are they shipping yet?

That's what I use. It's very solid and very quick to attach and detach. It also comes with a GoPro camera mount. You must use the Out Front Bike Mount with the Peak Design cell phone case, which is thin and well-designed. It's part of a system which includes a car dash mount and a nifty mini-tripod. I have all those items, and they are all among the best in their category. It's an excellent but expensive system.

That Out Front mount looks pretty slick. 👍

My wife has the universal Quad lock mount/adapter attached to her Pixel 4a phone case that compliments her Creo. She finds it a bit awkward to re-attach the adapter to the mount as both hands are required to complete the task whenever she wants to take photos.

On the other had, she’s quite happy with the SP Connect system that she uses to attach her phone/case to the stem cap of her Cannondale Synapse.

IMG_20220811_1008354.jpg

IMG_20220811_1008583.jpg

Any realistic suggestions? Adding 7lbs to my Jones Bars is not happening.
I mean any suggestions for a light weight (under 65gms) phone mount?
Plastic (Garmin Fitting) types are 30ish'gms on aliexpress. I ordered a few (and some alloy, like short and long CYDY Bicycle Computer Holder Extend Mount For Garmin Edge) types to check out (Amazingly sellers there are far more transparent about the FOURIERS ADP-STK type Garmin mounts. Beware the ads on Amazon and others). Also one of those (70gms:mad:) ball things that fold out. Kinda nifty to me in that they can accommodate wrapped bars, 35mm and 31.8's. Maybe I can drill 30gms of excess alloy holes in it?
I laugh because I can take 2' of bailing wire and make a holder that wont come loose and works.
Frustrated, I'm considering any variation - except heavy stuff. Okay w/ epoxying a male Garmin fitting on my cell. Speaking to that, it's not the stock adhesive. It's the quality of the male fitting. I also have trepidations about the effects of weight difference between a cell and a bike computer. A magnitude of four.
I'll cosign 6zfshdb's Jones Bars. The comfort difference is much, but after long term use a slight bit 'much'. 5 degrees less angle might be superb.
Nothing else comes close though. I'm on my third set with an unused (butted) 2.5 rise set I'm getting ready to sell off and salivating over - but still undecided - Jones Titanium Loop-Bars. First have to try a 70mm stem. My 80mm makes response just a tad slow.
Ram (Ball) joints are also great IMO. Plastic is good !!! Reinforced Plastic is a superb material for any bike. Should last 5 -- 50 years depending on compound and matrix.
A minimalist cockpit. That's my goal.

Back