Pet Trailer?

Toona

Region
USA
I would love to haul my little dogs in a trailer behind my new Specialized Como 4. I am having a hard time determining which brands are compatible with the Como, specifically axle attachment and what sort of adaptations are required. I really like the Schwinn trailer but don’t know if it will work. Any advice and information welcome. Thanks!

I would love to haul my little dogs in a trailer behind my new Specialized Como 4. I am having a hard time determining which brands are compatible with the Como, specifically axle attachment and what sort of adaptations are required. I really like the Schwinn trailer but don’t know if it will work. Any advice and information welcome. Thanks!
You'll have to change the thru axle to add a trailer to the Como. If you answer the questions on the Robert Axle Project it will lead you to the correct thru axle. I believe the Como has a 12 x 148mm rear thru axle, but you will want to consult the manual or measure to be sure. All trailers won't work on thru axles, so you'll need a compatible trailer or adapter.

👍on the Robert axle project. But be aware that although the thread pitch matched my axle, the thread depth did not.

I DO NOT have the same bike, so you should be OK. I wanted to do the same thing as you, but was thwarted.

Back