Pedego ESB App For Smartphones

iPhone X. We have four Pedego batteries. None of the serial numbers that show up on the app match what is written on any of the batteries. I think they must be two different systems (maybe an internal serial number from whomever made the battery, and then what's on the case is a label placed by Pedego giving a serial number for their inventory records).

Just out of curiosity....Do your serial numbers show up correct in the app on the iphone? For the life of me, I don't understand that one at all.

No, like ebikemom, my serial #'s don't match either. That doesn't seem to affect the app performance though.

I suppose it could be an issue if you use the app to report a battery problem though. If you need to return a battery under warranty to Pedego, it might cause a problem since the serial numbers will be different. At this point, it might be wise to report a battery problem directly to Pedego via email or phone rather than use the app reporting feature.

I just emailed Pedego about this and will report their reply.

Looks to be an issue with the application running on android vs. IOS.

Luke mentioned to me that the DLG portion of the serial is the manufacturer. I did a little looking and I believe the manufacturer of Pedego batteries to be DLG Power out of Shanghai. I think the actual DLG number on the plastic battery casing is indeed the manufacturer serial number of the battery.

I suppose it could be an issue if you use the app to report a battery problem though. If you need to return a battery under warranty to Pedego, it might cause a problem since the serial numbers will be different.
I doubt it is a problem because Pedego will look at the registered serial # on the battery to see that it is under warranty and run their own diagnostics. Users manually input the "sticker" serial # when they register their bikes using the online form.

I have a new Boomerang. I can't find this app on the Google PlayStore for Android. How to I get it? Thanks.

Thanks for the link. Before downloading it I emailed Pedego to ask if it was compatible with my new Boomerang. Here's their reply:
"Not all bike models are compatible and it might not work for your bike. For this reason we do not recommend using the ESB app."

Thanks for the link. Before downloading it I emailed Pedego to ask if it was compatible with my new Boomerang. Here's their reply:
"Not all bike models are compatible and it might not work for your bike. For this reason we do not recommend using the ESB app."
That's interesting. My Pedego Platinum Interceptor uses the same battery, at least it did in 2018 when I bought the bike. The ESB app works for some functions including the battery voltage, % charge remaining and battery health. Some others, like the number of charge cycles, do not work however. Give it a try, it won't hurt anything. It's free and you can always delete the app if it doesn't work.

I downloaded the app and set up an account. It could not "find my bike". Apparently it won't work for me.

I downloaded the app and set up an account. It could not "find my bike". Apparently it won't work for me.
Is the battery charged with the switch turned on? In my case, it took a few tries for it to pair with the app.

Battery is showing 4 out of 5 lights. I tried pairing it several times. Closed app, restarted tried pairing again. No success.

Battery is showing 4 out of 5 lights. I tried pairing it several times. Closed app, restarted tried pairing again. No success.
The battery master switch must be turned on as if to ride the bike. If the battery hasn't been used for a week or more, it could be in "sleep" mode. Charging it for a few minutes will wake it up. If that doesn't work, Pedego may have made changes to the battery design since I bought mine in 2018. I have five batteries witch all work with ESB. Too bad. I find the app to be quite useful.

I emailed Pedego support asking for more info on why they do not recommend the ESB app. Here is the reply:
"To the best of our knowledge the app hasn't been updated in some time. Pedego bikes have newer versions of software that was not available or set up to work with ESB. Not all bikes or features are compatible. We no longer can recommend using the app."

I emailed Pedego support asking for more info on why they do not recommend the ESB app. Here is the reply:
"To the best of our knowledge the app hasn't been updated in some time. Pedego bikes have newer versions of software that was not available or set up to work with ESB. Not all bikes or features are compatible. We no longer can recommend using the app."
I'm sorry to hear this. I guess I'll loose the ESB function when I have to replace my batteries in a few years.

Thanks for posting this information.

Back