Peddle, or pedal?

Point made, clearly!

Are you a retired school teach by any chance?

I received one point off every mis-spelling in my youth, even homonymns. Which led to my never forgetting. If I received A's at school I didn't have to wash dishes or windows or take out the garbage.
My parent's school in WV was rather horrid. They didn't teach much but the 3 R's, and Dad was bullied a lot. He moved us 1000 miles to find a suburban public school district in Texas that was super. The sunsets are nicer there, too. I was tiny until age 13, so no bullying allowed was hugely appreciated.

Last edited:
This isn't exactly the same, I sure wish someone could explain to me. I don't know if it's a result of using cell phones to type or a Twitter issue of using fewer letters or is it a regional thing. I see people using yea for yeah a lot these days. Two different words, spelled differently and pronounced differently. It doesn't drive me nuts, just curious where it came from.

By the way I use my phone on the forum a lot. When I read on the PC, what I've written on the phone, I'm appalled by my paragraph structure. Like this one:rolleyes:

Thanks a lot and alot and allot!

Just thought I'd revive this thread - I'm seeing way too much peddling of petals without proper pedaling again here 🤣

Last edited:
i’m not usually much of a grammar nazi but “peddle” in reference to propelling a bicycle is pretty infuriating 🤯

This isn't exactly the same, I sure wish someone could explain to me. I don't know if it's a result of using cell phones to type or a Twitter issue of using fewer letters or is it a regional thing. I see people using yea for yeah a lot these days. Two different words, spelled differently and pronounced differently. It doesn't drive me nuts, just curious where it came from.

By the way I use my phone on the forum a lot. When I read on the PC, what I've written on the phone, I'm appalled by my paragraph structure. Like this one:rolleyes:

Yea, verily . Now and forever, Amen.

I'm sure it really started when we all had flip phones and had to input text with the keypad. lol

Twitter is a factor as you have a character limit, but now it's just ingrained in phone habits. Many predictive text/text replacement functions on our devices have long allowed you to use short forms that the phone will automatically replace with the long form (e.g. BRB - Be right back, or TTYL - Talk to you later...), but many folks don't even bother to turn it on fully, and just go with the short form all the time.

Many of us old farts would also be shocked and dismayed at what the standard dictionary companies have accepted as real words and acceptable variations now. :-D

I'm sure it really started when we all had flip phones and had to input text with the keypad. lol

Twitter is a factor as you have a character limit, but now it's just ingrained in phone habits. Many predictive text/text replacement functions on our devices have long allowed you to use short forms that the phone will automatically replace with the long form (e.g. BRB - Be right back, or TTYL - Talk to you later...), but many folks don't even bother to turn it on fully, and just go with the short form all the time.

Many of us old farts would also be shocked and dismayed at what the standard dictionary companies have accepted as real words and acceptable variations now. :-D
Sorry dude, TLDR🤣

👍😉

Now decades old, but still funny.

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid