Pedaling with no power

Maybe most learned what I did, put on rear brake and raise bike on rear wheel, roll to the rack, modulate rear brake to lower the front, then just need to lift the rear.

Maybe most learned what I did, put on rear brake and raise bike on rear wheel, roll to the rack, modulate rear brake to lower the front, then just need to lift the rear.
Brains without braun, or in simpler terms, a lazy man can find an easy way to do anything.....

+3 on being being lazy, work smarter, not harder...

I ended up buying a house closer to the +40 miles of paved, double wide dirt paths, and single track trails near the Rio Grande river compared to loading 1-4 (e)bikes on my SUV bike rack (+65 lbs per ebike, 60lbs for the 4 bike rack, and parking always sucks at the trails after 9am). Only other option was to play dodge traffic for 4 miles with minimal bike lanes if I rode to the trails from the old house. I now just ride out my garage and hit the trails 1/4 mile away.

+3 on being being lazy, work smarter, not harder...

I ended up buying a house closer to the +40 miles of paved, double wide dirt paths, and single track trails near the Rio Grande river compared to loading 1-4 (e)bikes on my SUV bike rack (+65 lbs per ebike, 60lbs for the 4 bike rack, and parking always sucks at the trails after 9am). Only other option was to play dodge traffic for 4 miles with minimal bike lanes if I rode to the trails from the old house. I now just ride out my garage and hit the trails 1/4 mile away.
Relocating seems a bit extreme, but I like it! We bought our house with trail proximity in mind too. Though we can ride right from the garage as well, what we didn't consider was the severity of the hills between the house and the trails. They didn't seem too bad in the car! What we found after getting all settled in, was by time we manage to get to the trail (about 4 miles), we have just enough left to get home! That was on our old bikes though. Is why the e-bikes were such a game changer for us, allowing us to continue riding as long as we're able.... -Al

I have a rad rover. On PAS 0 I find the bike too difficult to ride. I leave it on PAS-1 always...if i'm struggling up a hill and feel like I can't make it I go 2 or 3. My longest ride so far has been 35 miles and 1300 elevation round trip and I used ~30% of the battery. That was a long ride for me so I assume I'll never max this thing out as long as I am exercising which I aim to do always with one exception. That exception is there is a pub near my home but it's 400ft down elevation. I have a few beers and on the way home I use PAS-5 and cruise home. I love that the power is there when I need it but I can also exercise and push myself.

This bike has allowed me to go places I would have never gone. Sometimes even on a big hill and PAS-3 my heart rate is 160 and i'm getting a workout whereas on a normal bike I'd have to give up, get off and walk it.

Hope this helps

Back