Pedal assist sensor

Sauley

Does it matter on the amount of magnets on a pedal assist sensor??? It seems most replacement sensor are 12 magnets.

No. The main consideration is that it switches in the direction you pedal, and that it plugs into your controller.

Does it matter on the amount of magnets on a pedal assist sensor??? It seems most replacement sensor are 12 magnets.
Yes, more magnets more sensitivity. Faster reaction. That is why most have gone to 12. 5 years ago 12 magnet versions were not as common. The market reacted.

Even more sensitive is this 24 pole. eBikes.ca

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 2.27.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Yes, more magnets more sensitivity. Faster reaction. That is why most have gone to 12. 5 years ago 12 magnet versions were not as common. The market reacted.

Even more sensitive is this 24 pole. eBikes.ca

View attachment 62156
I have this PAS and tried it out for a few weeks - works great. The additional magnets does mean a faster and smoother engagement compared to the 12 magnet options and with certain controllers you can program the experience to be more natural as well. Great recommendation.

While I enjoyed testing out the PAS configuration first hand, I have always been a torque sensor rider (Bionx motors until this year) and just installed my ERider-T9N torque sensor connected to a Cycle Analyst 3 (both from ebikes.ca as well) - what a difference and I'm back to feeling like 'super human' when I push hard down on the pedals to go faster. :)

What type of controller do you have? Are you riding an OEM bike and looking to replace a failing PAS? Or?

Back