PAS setting on the DPC18 display

Deacon Blues

I'm trying to switch the PAS setting on my DPC18 display, but I can't see where I would do that on the display's settings' page. What am I missing?

IMG_2843.jpeg

I'm trying to switch the PAS setting on my DPC18 display, but I can't see where I would do that on the display's settings' page. What am I missing?
The DCP-18 display on my Luna Cycle Z1 (delivered June 22') is configured as below. I can change MAX PAS to 3, 5, or 9 levels of assist. It is UART comm protocol and the PAS setting can be further modified with a programming cable. Yours may be limited to the settings such as "ECO mode" and whatever other modes are offered? Looks like a proprietary setup. Is it CANBUS protocol?

IMG-4589.JPG

The Eco/Sport version can't adjust the number of PAS levels. Eco is PAS 1-5 and Sport is PAS 6-10

The Eco/Sport version can't adjust the number of PAS levels. Eco is PAS 1-5 and Sport is PAS 6-10
That's it-thanks TDA78
One has to wonder why Bafang would set up a display with 10 PAS levels, but the rider has to go into the menu to go from eco levels to sport levels.
I like the look of this display, but I really don't like the way Bafang set up the PAS levels. :mad:

I hear you. Curious what kind of bike you have, and which Bafang motor?

One has to wonder why Bafang would set up a display with 10 PAS levels, but the rider has to go into the menu to go from eco levels to sport levels.
Oh, you just have to hold the PAS+ button to switch between Eco and Sport. The default mode setting is which one you start with on power up.

Oh, you just have to hold the PAS+ button to switch between Eco and Sport. The default mode setting is which one you start with on power up.
A double 👍 for that information, as I'm going on a 70+ km ride tomorrow on my UC Pro. I plan on starting out in sport mode, but if that's too much power it's nice to know I can switch down to eco mode by sing the PAS+ button down.

Back