PAS not working on NCM Moscow Plus

jayboyle

Region
Canada
Hi, I'm new to forum..posting my first question.

The PAS stopped working on NCM Moscow Plus, I have a little over 3000Km on it. I'm assuming its just wear and tear and I need to replace the controller and sensor. I have been having a heck of time trying to get a hold of Leon Cycle to order a replacement part. Sent an email a few weeks ago, and tried calling several times. Any advice on where I can order a new controller and sensor? I'm not sure which one is broken but seeing as I'm having a hard time finding the parts I'll just get both.

Good luck, Leon after warranty is pants sorry to say! I have a similar issue, offered to pay postage to send parts just so I can get my bike up and running again. Moscow 29inch dead, dusty and disheartened. You could try ebay.com seems to have more parts available there😩

I think Magnum Bikes sells the same controller for their Peak, so you might have better luck getting it from them.

If you happen to be near Vancouver or Montreal Leon Cycles has stores you can walk into there.

Hi again,thanks for your replies. Well I finally heard back from Leon Cycle via email. Based on the description of the problem I provided in my initial email to them, which was:

The battery had 47 volts in it when I started the ride. Then the display showed the volts dropped and started flashing like when low volts.

This is when the Pedal Assist stopped working. The volts display went back to 47 volts like when I started.

The throttle still works
Display working fine.

They replied with:

Based on the description you sent, our head technician determined that the battery is the part that needs to be replaced. We are currently out of stock for that battery, DEHAWK, I5, 48V 16Ah, 768Wh with USB Port, which you can find in the following link at our website: https://leoncycle.com/ca/parts-accessories/batteries/i5-48v16ah.html.. We expect to have it available for purchase again next month

...And after all of that my PAS all of a sudden started working again!

That's weird. So voltage appeared to drop considerably, the PAS quit and then the voltage bounced back up? Have you seen the voltage bounce around like that since the PAS came back? Does the voltage bounce around, out of the ordinary if you bike around just using throttle?

I have had the same issue in the last 2 months. I would be riding along then the motor assistance would cut out. The lights on the battery showed it was full, the display unit mounted on the handlebars showed that the battery was full. I would check my speed and I am coasting at 18kms, riding at level 6 assistance and there would be no motor assist. I am riding up a hill with level 6 assistance set and the motor assist would not kick-in. I eventually found that it had something to do with one of the cables near the display unit. I checked to see that that the joins in all the cables were connected properly which solved the problem temporarily. While riding there is a lot of vibration through the handle bars so I am guessing this loosens the cable connections over time. I just got to a point where I would wiggle one of the cables and the motor assist would kick back in. Somehow the problem has corrected itself and I am no longer experiencing the issue thankfully. There was recently an unusual amount of rain consistently pouring every day for 2 months. I store my bike outside under a waterproof canvas cover, along the side of the house. I am thinking the high humidity meant moisture was effecting the operation and maybe got in between the joins of the cables near the display. Now it has stopped raining, the drier weather means the moisture has evaporated and no longer effecting the operation of the PAS... well that is the conclusion I have come to... maybe... not sure.

Back