PAS Lag After Downhill

jkvt

Hi,

With a Moscow Plus, does anyone else experience a lag in the PAS kicking back in after coming down a hill going fast? I notice when I get to the bottom and slow down below the speed the PAS normally gets me up to, the PAS does not necessarily kick in right away.

So, for example, if I have the PAS at 4, the bike usually tries to maintain about 16-17mph. But, if I'm coming down a hill going well above 16mph, maybe 25+ mph and then immediately start going uphill, my speed quickly drops below 16 and the PAS may not kick in until I'm down to 14mph or so. In extreme situations maybe not until I'm going slower than even that, 12mph or less. The throttle button doesn't do anything either until the same time the PAS kicks back in. Anyone know if there is a way around this. It can be somewhat annoying when the speed just totally falls off a cliff if you are going down a big hill and then immediately back up one.

Thats totally “normal” with the moscow. I have suffered the same hundred of times and I tried replacing motor, controller and display...

lot of users are suffering from the same problem and it is very frustrating.

I read somewhere that the only solution is to upgrade to the c6bb display, that does not have this issue and kicks the assistance inmediately after a downhill.

Hi,

With a Moscow Plus, does anyone else experience a lag in the PAS kicking back in after coming down a hill going fast? I notice when I get to the bottom and slow down below the speed the PAS normally gets me up to, the PAS does not necessarily kick in right away.

So, for example, if I have the PAS at 4, the bike usually tries to maintain about 16-17mph. But, if I'm coming down a hill going well above 16mph, maybe 25+ mph and then immediately start going uphill, my speed quickly drops below 16 and the PAS may not kick in until I'm down to 14mph or so. In extreme situations maybe not until I'm going slower than even that, 12mph or less. The throttle button doesn't do anything either until the same time the PAS kicks back in. Anyone know if there is a way around this. It can be somewhat annoying when the speed just totally falls off a cliff if you are going down a big hill and then immediately back up one.
Are you using the L7 display , I upgraded to the C7 display which made the PAS kick in much quicker on the flat. You still get the same issue when going from a downhill to uphill run though.

Yes, C7 here, two units, and same issue always... veeery frustrating and I know a lot of users with the same behaviour

C7 here too. Thanks for the info. I guess it is what it is. Been going a new route lately that gets me up just shy of 40mph on a downhill then immediately goes uphill again and it's annoying.

There is a small workaround I use. Two things to try:

- pedal backwards and then forward and sometimes it engages again
- increase pas assistance to 6 so it engages again and then back to your desired level

I wish the c6 display were cheaper... but 200€ just for that issue seems overkill and I am not sure if we could have any legal issue because the c6 allows you to derestrict the bike speed limit

There is a small workaround I use. Two things to try:

- pedal backwards and then forward and sometimes it engages again
- increase pas assistance to 6 so it engages again and then back to your desired level

I wish the c6 display were cheaper... but 200€ just for that issue seems overkill and I am not sure if we could have any legal issue because the c6 allows you to derestrict the bike speed limit
Doesn't even look like we have a c6 in the US via NCM. Magnum Bikes has it advertised but out of stock though.. for $100.

Yes, I get the same behavior with C7 display. Very frustrating. I use the throttle until PAS kicks in. It's a controller issue not a display issue.

Yes, I get the same behavior with C7 display. Very frustrating. I use the throttle until PAS kicks in. It's a controller issue not a display issue.
It's not a failure or degradation though, is it? I think this has been happening since day 1. I didn't think it was quite as noticeable early on, but I'm probably just remembering it.

I have found that dropping down to a lower gear ( ie faster pedal rotations ) at the start of the ascent starts the PAS sooner , then I can move back to a higher gear with PAS working . I don’t really notice the lag anymore

Hi - just bumping this to see if anyone knows an answer to a question. Does this seem like degradation at all, or is it just the way it always worked? I notice it now more, but I'm not sure if it's just in my head or if it's always done this. I noticed the other day I slowed to around 10 before the throttle even did anything. It's like the bike thinks its over the assist/throttle speed cutoff but it's not.

Thanks!

My Magnum Metro+, which also uses a Das kit system, exhibits the same reluctance to resume PAS after a downhill. I've been using the throttle until the PAS kicks in but I'll try the faster cadence pedaling trick.

My Raleigh Retroglide does the same thing. I think it must be normal. I have a throttle on mine and it takes a while to kick in as well.

Yep same occurs with my Moscow Plus. , I find that kicking it up to 5 or 6 PAS helps it kick in faster & then I put it back down to 3 or 4 which I normally have PAS set to.

I sent Leon a video of a 7 second delay before the motor kicks in (throttle) after coming down a hill and then immediately ascending. He told me that this was not normal and sent me a new controller and a new battery. I have the standard Moscow but upgraded to the C7 display. Nothing has helped with all three component changes. It definitely seems that this is a Das kit issue.

Interesting. I probably don't want to go through that if it's not going to make a difference. I wonder if it's a software issue that they'll fix at some point.

Back