Parts online for the Just in Case!!

tony234

Hey XP gang!
I have been enjoying my XP. I have taken it on quite few roads and trails. its an all around great purchase. Had my first break down a few miles away from my house (holy crap that was a hell of a workout) it was a bad controller. Lectric has been great about helping to get me going again! My question is, I would like to get replacement parts for my bike. Like controllers or various sensors that may fail and be able to have extras ready!!(I would rather do the repairs myself) I have reached out to Lectric and they said they would help if anything failed...But I want to get parts for the just in case before it does. Is there an online site that will sell these basic parts ie, Controllers,breaks ,cadence sensor, etc...to have handy when miles away from home?? these bikes cannot be that proprietary.. I would hate to have to pedal this out of the woods when I am 10-15 miles deep.....

This site rules though. Before I found Court's videos it was a pain trying to talk to anybody about e-bikes, they are practically none existent up where I live in Maine..

Controllers and displays have to be purchased with the other in mind, as the signal protocols are proprietary between dufferent controller makers. You buy a spare LCD/controller from Lectric, or you buy a LCD/controller combo from someone else. and the two won't mix, unless made by the same manufacturer.

Brake levers, throttles, and cadence sensors are generic, but there connectors/pinouts can be different. so if you were to carry spares, you would have to work out the connector differences and have the spares changed and ready to go.

Hubmotors. No one is goingto carry a spare, but some of us have motors we never used, sitting around. The motors with the round 9 pin connectors can be swapped, if they use the same connectors. J've diagnosed some ebike ills connecting ithe motor on one ebike via an extension motor cable to the controller on a second ebike. I wonder if shops have done that.

In my opinion, you might carry a spare throttle. If the pedal sensor fails, you can get home on the throttle.. LCD's don't break unless you crash or get them full of water/moisture. I had a bike tip over and it broke the screen, Biike worked though..

Last edited:
I guess I'm lucky in that all my riding will be on the walking/biking paved trails that run parallel to the streets around here or on the roads that have the wide shoulders so I won't ever be in a area that my wife can't get to me with the car. That being said, I too would like to be able to have some of the parts that time/use will show to be more prone to failure, and have these parts available from more than one source for upgrading.

Controllers and displays have to be purchased with the other in mind, as the signal protocols are proprietary between dufferent controller makers.
Thanks for confirming this, I figured that was the case. With the Speed/Distance inaccuracies and programming lock out issues of our OEM controller/display, that will probably be one of the first things that I'd be tempted to replace. I do have a mounted spare phone so I do have GPS info available, but I would like to have more motor data available (watts?).

So to replace the Controller/Display, it needs to be 48v compatiable, it would be nice to be connector compatable to the XP's OEM wiring but I can make my own connectors, Brake/Cadence/Lights should all be Ok, so is there any special motor requirements to watch for?

tnx
George

Not everything is the same or cross compatible, I bought a thumb throttle off Aliexpress and even though the connector is the same it wouldn't work with the bike and showed a E-10 error on the screen.

Not everything is the same or cross compatible, I bought a thumb throttle off Aliexpress and even though the connector is the same it wouldn't work with the bike and showed a E-10 error on the screen.
I bought the Bafang thumb throttle off of Amazon and it works great, the only small problem was it came with the female end and I needed a male end, not a big deal, just ordered an extension and used the male end.

For that throttle. the connector may be the same, but the order of the wires may be different. There's only three wires for a generic throttle, power, ground, and signal, so there's six ways to mess it up if connecting at random, and only one works.

For that throttle. the connector may be the same, but the order of the wires may be different. There's only three wires for a generic throttle, power, ground, and signal, so there's six ways to mess it up if connecting at random, and only one works.

That does make sense, my thumb throttle works just fine, could be Kimbo might have accidentally switched a couple wires around.

You can't switch the connectors around as they only fit one way so I might have bought a bad throttle or the wires may be wired differently than the XP throttle. The part was cheap enough that it doesn't make it worthwhile to try and return it. I'll go on Amazon now and try to find the Bafang thumb throttle. I want to have a full size hand grip on the right side instead of the half size that the bike came with since I have had a few exciting instances of accidentally twisting the throttle while trying to do slow speed manoeuvres!

You can't switch the connectors around as they only fit one way so I might have bought a bad throttle or the wires may be wired differently than the XP throttle. The part was cheap enough that it doesn't make it worthwhile to try and return it. I'll go on Amazon now and try to find the Bafang thumb throttle. I want to have a full size hand grip on the right side instead of the half size that the bike came with since I have had a few exciting instances of accidentally twisting the throttle while trying to do slow speed manoeuvres!
The Bafang one works great, but like I said earlier about the connection, it comes with a female end connected to it, but the twist throttle that is on the bike is has a male connector on it, I just bought an extension cord with the proper 3 wire end and cut off the male end that I needed. Also have to be careful on length of the grips, there is very little room (130mm max), I found these, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P49WLYK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, found them to be very comfy.

I just went to Amazon and had either a eureka! or duh! moment. Since there are only three wires I can just cut the cord, test the continuity of the wires and if the wires/switch are good I can switch the polarity so that it will work with the XP.

I just went to Amazon and had either a eureka! or duh! moment. Since there are only three wires I can just cut the cord, test the continuity of the wires and if the wires/switch are good I can switch the polarity so that it will work with the XP.
Good idea, I would think that should work. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Well time flies when you're having fun, it's already 2 months since I first posted about my new thumb throttle. When I first installed it I received a E-10 error code so all I did was cut the cable, switched the red and black wires and the throttle works fine. A few days ago I saw a video (that I can't find now...) from someone much smarter than me and instead of cutting the wires they pulled out the controller, traced the wires back from the throttle and switched the red and black wires on the controller connector! Much neater even though I did mine with shrink wrap. I don't know what the thumb throttle costs on Amazon but I paid $13 Canadian pesos for mine on Aliexpress.

Well time flies when you're having fun, it's already 2 months since I first posted about my new thumb throttle. When I first installed it I received a E-10 error code so all I did was cut the cable, switched the red and black wires and the throttle works fine. A few days ago I saw a video (that I can't find now...) from someone much smarter than me and instead of cutting the wires they pulled out the controller, traced the wires back from the throttle and switched the red and black wires on the controller connector! Much neater even though I did mine with shrink wrap. I don't know what the thumb throttle costs on Amazon but I paid $13 Canadian pesos for mine on Aliexpress.
That would be this video

Back