Out of Stock

Ncgo4

The step through is listed as “Out of Stock”. Has this happened often in the past, and is there a normal time to replenish stock? I assume these are made by some kind of contract mfg company and Rad may be at the top or bottom of their list of priorities.

To clarify. The first page of Rad’s web site shows that the bike is available. When you click on the RadCity Step-through photo for details it show that the bike is not in stock. I checked all models and this is the only one not available for immediate shipping. It could be, I suppose that they are beginning production of a newer version.

It's not unusual for Rad to run out of one (or several) model. In fact it's pretty common. If you're serious, get on their "list", and they'll tell you a couple of days prior to the new shipment arriving. I would suggest you have your bike on order within just a couple of MINUTES after that time of arrival, or you may find yourself waiting until the NEXT cycle. I tried ordering again 7 minutes after finishing my order (Rad City regular), and they were gone....

Seems like a strange way of doing business, but it's working for them, so it is what it is.

Pretty much normal for Rad since they really got popular around 2017. It took me several months of trying and missing past availability dates. Determined to get one the next sale and I shut my office door and sat at the computer hitting "refresh" constantly until they went on sale (sale stated at 9am, purchased at 9:02am, Rad sold out at 9:04am).

Last edited:
Not much doubt about "fresh" for sure!

At least when you finally DO get your bike, you know it is "fresh stock" and hasn't been sitting in a dark, dank, dirty warehouse for many months.
Or when they give you a ship date it's an actual ship date and not a "projected" ship date that comes and goes as with vendors who allow pre-orders.

Rad might sell a few more ebikes if you could pre-order.

I did check with Rad to see if I could pre-order and pay in full or put a deposit down when I missed the first offering. They told me no and said I need to either do "brick/motor" in-person at the store in WA (I live in NM) or "click/order" on-line when the ebikes become available on that particular date and time.

Rad might sell a few more ebikes if you could pre-order.

I think the "no pre-order" policy overall works well for everyone. I can see the advantage of being able to place a pre-order so one doesn't have to position themself to pounce on their keyboard on a certain day and time to get first dibs on a bike from a limited stock. However, when a person orders their bike from RAD they're assured there's a bike available in North America to fill that order right now and not on a container ship that may still be docked overseas or still on the assembly line in China or Taiwan.

As for RAD, they may lose some customers to a vendor who will gladly lighten their wallet for a pre-order, but I would think that not accepting pre-orders would translate into less customers complaining "Where's my bike that you promised would be here by xx/xx/xx?" We've seen plenty of those posts here from buyers of Biktrix, Juiced and Voltbike models to name a few.

I experienced the same challenge when I went to order my Rad Rover, as many others have as well. I got on the "list" and was given noticed when the model would be available. I then went to their online ordering at the exact time they said it would be available and successfully placed my order.

I also appreciated the "no pre-order policy" in the long run. Rad wants to avoid the waiting process when you have laid out your payment. They are large enough to replenish their stock on a regular basis.

My bike was worth the short wait.

Back