Ortlieb Panniers 25% off at REI

James Kohls

UPDATED BELOW: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/ortlieb-panniers-25-off-at-rei.10067/#post-120121

For those looking for some high quality panniers, REI has their entire stock of Ortlieb on sale for 25% off. I just picked up a pair of Back-Roller Classics for $134.99. That's cheaper than I can find it on Amazon and REI has a 1 year return policy and lifetime manufacturer defect limited warranty.

https://www.rei.com/b/ortlieb/c/panniers?r=category:cycling|bike-accessories|panniers-and-on-bike-packs|panniers;b&ir=category:panniers

Sale ends November 20

Last edited:
For those looking for some high quality panniers, REI has their entire stock of Ortlieb on sale for 25% off. I just picked up a pair of Back-Roller Classics for $134.99. That's cheaper than I can find it on Amazon and REI has a 1 year return policy and lifetime manufacturer defect limited warranty.

https://www.rei.com/b/ortlieb/c/panniers?r=category:cycling|bike-accessories|panniers-and-on-bike-packs|panniers;b&ir=category:panniers

Wow, thanks for the tip! It's pretty big news when Ortlieb panniers go on sale!

Nice tip. I ordered a couple of Marmot items from REI earlier in the day but didn't think to look at panniers. Just ordered a single Ortlieb Back Roller Urban bag at a $30 discount.

If you're an REI member they have a 20% off 1 item coupon going on right now...you could sign up for $15 and get the coupon applied to this purchase and save a little more - and they do that coupon several times a year as well.

If you're an REI member they have a 20% off 1 item coupon going on right now...you could sign up for $15 and get the coupon applied to this purchase and save a little more - and they do that coupon several times a year as well.

Unfortunately, the 20% off coupon is for non-sale items. Still nice to have an REI membership.

Unfortunately, the 20% off coupon is for non-sale items. Still nice to have an REI membership.
You're probably correct but earlier today I bought a Marmot jacket that was on sale - and I believe when I applied the coupon code 'Winter20' it also gave me the 20% off the sale price. I was thinking I saved over $75 on the regular price. I could be wrong though....

Sierra Trading has closeouts from them, well below even REI. I’m a REI member since 1967!

Sierra Trading has closeouts from them, well below even REI. I’m a REI member since 1967!
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 10.57.13 AM.png

Lost out by not completing sale, but bought two last year. Worth watching for!

Lost out by not completing sale, but bought two last year. Worth watching for!

During the REI sale, I did pretty well on BikeTiresDirect.com (a site I had never heard of prior). I saw these Ortlieb Gravel Pack panniers which are more streamlined vs the Sport Packer Plus panniers I currently use (front rack panniers) at the REI site but were shown as "no longer in stock". The smaller size and narrower profile is better (I think) for my commuting application vs the Sport Packers. At that time I couldn't even find them on the USA Ortlieb site and I only found them for sale in Europe. BikeTiresDirect was the lone exception and they had them marked down 25% at exactly the same time that REI was having its sale (coincidence?). Maybe some of these sites have algorithms to price match.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Back