Ordered a Sport and a Flow

Im not getting a good vibe from Espin and FedEx. Bike is supposed to be here (Michigan) 1-10-20 or 1-11-20 depending on which time you go to FedEx tracking as it changes every time :rolleyes: and when you do go to tracking it doesn't show the bike being transported out of or into any receiving facility. Delivery is only one or two days away. Unless they plan on launching a FedEx drone in California and dropping it on my front porch I don't believe it will arrive on either of two projected delivery dates.

Frankly I'm beginnig to think they have issues with their manufacturing/ordering and shipping out of China. All the convoluted offers of swapping models and shipping delay explanations are really making me wonder if I made the right choice. I guess time will tell.

Relax. At least your bike isn't languishing in a container, buried under a mountain of other containers so big it's going to take them a week to get it out....

Typically you aren't going to see a lot of updates as the bike makes it's way across the country. They're generally only scanned when loaded or unloaded.

I'm just reading the .pdf doc. you posted.

Go to page #3, item #5 Parameter Settings: "Multiple parameters can be set through computer USB port, including Assist level / Wheel diameter / Voltage / Speed limit, etc. For detailed, pls refer to separate computer parameter setting files."

This leaves me curious regarding:
1. the information contained within the "separate computer parameter setting files".

2. where those files might be accessed?

3. what software is required to actually access the display/controller parameters?
and
4. most likely what does that cable look like..... specifically, where does it attach on the bike side? -Al
I dont think there is a cable. I think all programming can be done from the display once you unlock it...

I dont think there is a cable. I think all programming can be done from the display once you unlock it...
So you believe "Multiple parameters can be set through computer USB port, including Assist level / Wheel diameter / Voltage / Speed limit, etc. For detailed, pls refer to separate computer parameter setting files." is a misprint?

I don't see a USB port connector on the display but I do think Bafang motor/controllers are programmable via that method. Depends on the controller/motor.

Not sure on the Ride 1up
In the thread 'My Espin Sport' started by member BET with at last count 470 replies, it was mentioned by several people a couple of times that was the precise distinct advantage the Ride1Up bikes had over the Espin Sport bike. Had much more control with precise customization for every PAS level(unavailable with Espin Sport). Besides adjusting the amount of PAS levels(available on both Espin Sport & Ride1Up bikes).

Last edited:
I don't see a USB port connector on the display but I do think Bafang motor/controllers are programmable via that method. Depends on the controller/motor.
Agreed! As regarding hub drives, custom programming potential for motor not so much as the controller and display. VERY familiar with the processes involved.

I'll get into that potential soon after opening the box our new Flow arrives in. Just poking around a little while waiting.... -Al

Im not getting a good vibe from Espin and FedEx. Bike is supposed to be here (Michigan) 1-10-20 or 1-11-20 depending on which time you go to FedEx tracking as it changes every time :rolleyes: and when you do go to tracking it doesn't show the bike being transported out of or into any receiving facility. Delivery is only one or two days away. Unless they plan on launching a FedEx drone in California and dropping it on my front porch I don't believe it will arrive on either of two projected delivery dates.

Frankly I'm beginnig to think they have issues with their manufacturing/ordering and shipping out of China. All the convoluted offers of swapping models and shipping delay explanations are really making me wonder if I made the right choice. I guess time will tell.
I received an email from Espin on 12/27 saying "Your order is on the way", and providing a FedEx tracking number. When I clicked the tracking number, the FedEx website said the shipping label had been created 12/27 and delivery was estimated for 1/6. That date came and went with no change to the tracking status. It still just says that a label was created on 12/27. The estimated delivery date now shows as "pending". I emailed Espin two days ago for an update. They replied that FedEx picked up the shipment containing my bike on 12/31. Espin says the tracking status has not updated because FedEx hasn't scanned in the packages yet due to the holiday shipping rush. That does not sound credible to me.

I called FedEx yesterday. The rep told me the package has bot been turned over to them yet from the shipper. I told the rep what Espin told me, and he said it is not accurate. He said FedEx scans packages immediately at pick up, even when they're picking up a whole truckload.

I received an email from Espin on 12/27 saying "Your order is on the way", and providing a FedEx tracking number. When I clicked the tracking number, the FedEx website said the shipping label had been created 12/27 and delivery was estimated for 1/6. That date came and went with no change to the tracking status. It still just says that a label was created on 12/27. The estimated delivery date now shows as "pending". I emailed Espin two days ago for an update. They replied that FedEx picked up the shipment containing my bike on 12/31. Espin says the tracking status has not updated because FedEx hasn't scanned in the packages yet due to the holiday shipping rush. That does not sound credible to me.

I called FedEx yesterday. The rep told me the package has bot been turned over to them yet from the shipper. I told the rep what Espin told me, and he said it is not accurate. He said FedEx scans packages immediately at pick up, even when they're picking up a whole truckload.
This is what happened to us with Lectric. We waited “packing label created” then “shipping pending” for over a month combined. Called Lectric a couple of times with no help on resolving our situation so ended up cancelling our order.

What was Lectric's explanation?
Thlet said our order went missing. They put us to the back of the line on orders while people who ordered 3+ weeks after us have been receiving their bikes. We were told to just “wait” ,we decided to cancel our order. This would of been our second Lectric.

Received the same notice on 12/27 and same result with no updates and FedEx status pending. This is the response from Espin:

We created the shipping label and attached the tracking number to your order. Now we are waiting for Fedex to come pick up the bike and once they scan it into their system, you will be able to track the package properly.

Please note we are shipping out nearly a thousand orders all at once so it takes some time to manage such a large volume of orders. Additionally, Fedex is very backed up during the holidays so it is taking a bit longer than normal for them to send a truck to pick up the orders. Typically they send a truck the day that we call them, but during their busy time, it is taking a couple days longer. It should not be much longer and your tracking number will track properly.

We apologize for any confusion that was caused and once again, thank you for your continued patience and support.

Thanks,
Team Espin

I think there is a near zero chance the delay is due to Fedex not picking up the package.

So both of our shipping labels were created 12/27. Espin is telling you that FedEx has not yet picked up your bike. Espin is telling me that FedEx picked up my bike on 12/31, but has not yet scanned it into their tracking system.

I just cannot believe that FedEx has been in possesion of a parcel (or a whole truck full of parcels, according to Espin, for 13 days without scanning the parcels into its tracking system.

Actually, there have been others users having issues with Fedex regarding shipping logistics. If you read other posts in this forum, there seems to be more problems with Fedex vs UPS.

So my wife's Flow arrived yesterday morning. Excellent packaging. What an awesome bike. Was too rainy and cold to take it out yesterday but heading out now. I hope it was worth the wait.

So my wife's Flow arrived yesterday morning. Excellent packaging. What an awesome bike. Was too rainy and cold to take it out yesterday but heading out now. I hope it was worth the wait.
Where are you located? Can you post pictures and more details? thanks!

Where are you located? Can you post pictures and more details? thanks!
C9417CF4-8C0D-4AF1-AE14-9BF5512CF784.jpeg
Haven’t had a chance to se it yet. Too cold and snowy.

Quick update....After I posted last Monday I received an update from FedEx on Tuesday that the bikes were in their possession. Two days later they arrived at my parents' house in Nevada. This was an 11/21/20 order. My dad commented how well the bikes were packaged. They rode them over the weekend and are officially hooked on ebikes :) Note it appears this batch of bikes are shipped with sram x4 drive-train components instead of the spec'd shimano altus. I don't have experience with either groupset but x4 and altus are equivalent levels. It looks like the flow bike pictured above also has a sram derailleur. The tires also look different from spec.
PXL_20210114_234334467.jpg

Yeah, I have 2 Sports and the second one came with your same set up. I like the Kenda tires on Sport #1. The derailuers are comparable. Some would say the Srams are a tad of an upgrade. Either way, Espin is selling a fine bike...

Yeah, I have 2 Sports and the second one came with your same set up. I like the Kenda tires on Sport #1. The derailuers are comparable. Some would say the Srams are a tad of an upgrade. Either way, Espin is selling a fine bike...
Great feedback. Can you compare the two tires? Kinda bummed that our bike will have the CST tires, but they seem to be rated as low rolling resistance and they look a tad fatter and knobbier for the times we go off road. Was a little worried the Kendas looked too small for any trail riding.

Back