Ordered a Sport and a Flow

FWIW- This is my first post here and a newbie to E-bikes. I have a couple of delivery questions myself and I've had phone call in since yesterday requesting a call back, many more calls today and an email in today and so far no response. I already have the Sport in shopping cart but waiting to see how this resolves. Maybe if someone at Espin sees that customers are waiting they will respond.
I did get automated email response from Espin that my email was received, did you get the same?
It usually takes a day for Espin to respond to an email.

Additionally I called today about 10 times, nobody answered the phone. I have repeatedly emailed this Yves and asked why they are not shipping in the order in which they were received. For the past week I was "promised" it would go out the next day with FedEx yet of course nothing. I asked if they would please send mine out with the next FedEx truck today and of course they ignored this.

Finally got in contact with someone just now via chat but they know even less and literally directed me to the pre order update page.

Absolutely terrible customer service if you can even call it that.
It may be an issue with them getting fedex to pick up some bikes. Fed ex is busy too and behind. We had this issue with another e bike we ordered from Lectric.

The newest Sport that was delivered Friday, (Sport 2) has a couple of different components compared to my first Sport. It has a SRAM X4 group set instead of Shimano and the tires are also a little different. CST Blackjack knobbies as opposed to the Kenda 1.95s. The CSTs are a little wider too...
response from espin on the tire change:

”The Kenda Komfort tires we normally use are in heavy demand; we've been unable to procure enough of these tires to outfit all our bikes - the manufacturer is backed up all the way through late 2021. So, we chose tires of similar quality for the interim. You may be able to get Kenda Komfort tires on Amazon or through bike shops, if they still have them in stock; just make sure to match the tire dimensions precisely.”

In my neighborhood where I ride the streets are mostly fairly steep hills. I’ve been experimenting with shifting gears and using different levels of the pedal assist. I’ve noticed that on the steeper portions going uphill, increasing the levels of pedal assist doesn’t seem to make that much difference. Is that normal? I assume the motor isn’t powerful enough to feel a big difference even if I go all the way to PA 5. On flatter streets I feel a definite difference.
If you want to change the power levels there is a way to do it if you get into the advanced menu on the display. I think there was a percentage power for each pas level. Someone else posted directions on this forum. I think the motor is plenty powerful.

Received an email yesterday from espin that the Flow has been shipped. It is supposed the arrive next Tuesday. I had ordered a Sport aand a Flow on Sept 28th. Received the Sport end of November.

If you want to change the power levels there is a way to do it if you get into the advanced menu on the display. I think there was a percentage power for each pas level. Someone else posted directions on this forum. I think the motor is plenty powerful.

Attachments

• Sport display manual.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 427
Received an email yesterday from espin that the Flow has been shipped. It is supposed the arrive next Tuesday. I had ordered a Sport aand a Flow on Sept 28th. Received the Sport end of Novembe
Received the same email but when you go to FedEx tracking, they haven't even received the bikes from Espin. Nothing like getting our hopes up. :(

Our Oct. Flow order = crickets. Not a word since they told us about the delay. SO fortunate we are able to ride a bike we already have while waiting for this new bike to arrive.....

I've checked the Espin Sport manual. Nowhere does it say, that the user can custom change any of the PAS levels.

Unfortunately, bikes in this price range often don't include a lot of that info. It's like they don't want to confuse rookie buyers. I'm left curious regarding a lot of the detail surrounding the controller and display as well. Thing is though, at this price point, I'm perfectly willing to swap out the controller and display if necessary, for something that will do exactly what I want it to do. A little extra money, a little time to do the work, and bingo. There's a bike in front of me that will be tough to beat even when comparing it to bike costing 2-3 times as much!

Hard to believe for sure, but the latest update regarding the batch of Flow's for November, has the CONTAINER they were in "currently unable to be located at the port, and it is currently displaced." Nothing further but apologies.

Presumably, we'll get them some day.....

EDIT: hours later, another email from Espin indicating the container has been found, but it's buried so deep it's not accessible, and it may take a while to get to it.

Last edited:
To me, that's only part of it. The default might be 3 levels or 5 levels, & can be expanded up to 9 levels of PAS. With Ride1Up it goes one step further(it also allows this to begin with) by allowing each PAS level to be customized by the user(% boost can be adjusted up or down for all PAS levels). I don't see that possible with Espin Sport.

What strikes me as curious is the comment suggesting the display can be programmed via a computer USB port. THAT might lead to some interesting functions not mentioned in that display manual .pdf above. BUT, it would seem to me like you're going to need some software to be able to that. Right now, that software, and the required cable, would be what we need to know more about.... -Al

What strikes me as curious is the comment suggesting the display can be programmed via a computer USB port. THAT might lead to some interesting functions not mentioned in that display manual .pdf above. BUT, it would seem to me like you're going to need some software to be able to that. Right now, that software, and the required cable, would be what we need to know more about.... -Al
Who mentioned USB port program?

I'm just reading the .pdf doc. you posted.

Go to page #3, item #5 Parameter Settings: "Multiple parameters can be set through computer USB port, including Assist level / Wheel diameter / Voltage / Speed limit, etc. For detailed, pls refer to separate computer parameter setting files."

This leaves me curious regarding:
1. the information contained within the "separate computer parameter setting files".

2. where those files might be accessed?

3. what software is required to actually access the display/controller parameters?
and
4. most likely what does that cable look like..... specifically, where does it attach on the bike side? -Al

Last edited:
Back