Order Placed - Hydra

From the website

“Cerakote Midnight Bronze is a rich dark bronze with a light gold metallic that is a perfect complement for a variety of blacks, greys, silvers, or earth tones, or as a standalone color.”

I ordered a week ago. I was going to go all stock but now I’m thinking I need to get a plush suspension for my old back. Vorsprung makes an add on air chamber (secus $350) that drastically lowers initial resistance. However it only works on rockshox better models and Fox not Manitou. Not wanting to go for the huge Fox 38 upgrade and then have to spend another $350.
still wondering what is the best way to go. The nicer rear shocks are not quite as expensive
Gary

The pics shown on the website unfortunately don’t show the true color, that’s very hard to get from just a photo.
I just ordered some swatches of colors I’m interested in. Looks like you can only do up to 10 in one order. Only cost is shipping which was about $11 for me.

I just ordered some swatches of colors I’m interested in. Looks like you can only do up to 10 in one order. Only cost is shipping which was about $11 for me.
I was going to do that but wanted to get my order in so I rolled the dice and went off of what’s on the website.

Your choice of Midnight Bronze has been niggling at me since you posted. After much much perusal of MB compared to Burnt Bronze I have decided to copy you. Sorry but you made the best choice. The Burnt Bronze just looks like dark gold in the sun and I want to be less flamboyant than that so Midnight Bronze is my new color choice.

This pic shows them both:

View attachment 72891
Your right it goes better with the black parts that are on every Ebike
cerakoted-h-294-midnight-bronze-thumbnail.jpg

I ordered a week ago. I was going to go all stock but now I’m thinking I need to get a plush suspension for my old back. Vorsprung makes an add on air chamber (secus $350) that drastically lowers initial resistance. However it only works on rockshox better models and Fox not Manitou. Not wanting to go for the huge Fox 38 upgrade and then have to spend another $350.
still wondering what is the best way to go. The nicer rear shocks are not quite as expensive
Gary
Are you riding technical difficult single track? If you're not I think you will be wasting your money. JMO :)

Are you riding technical difficult single track? If you're not I think you will be wasting your money. JMO :)
No, Just a bad back that doesn’t like jarring. You may be right. I would like to have the option to add something like the Secus if I need it. There are a lot a trails by my house that I could be riding if my back complies

If not already, you may want to buy a Back brace like the Contractors wear on your rides. I find it helps my back stay in check in rough situations :)

Anyone have any issues with this bike being carbon fiber with a high torque motor? I’ve shown the bike to several of my friends and they like it but a few have voiced concerns over the longevity of the carbon frame. I personally don’t have an issue as lots of manufacturers are using carbon in their ebikes now.

Anyone have any issues with this bike being carbon fiber with a high torque motor? I’ve shown the bike to several of my friends and they like it but a few have voiced concerns over the longevity of the carbon frame. I personally don’t have an issue as lots of manufacturers are using carbon in their ebikes now.
Do you see some of the crazy jumps they are doing with those bikes, I am not surprised that after 100 jumps like that the frame can fail, for me my biggest jumps will be off curbs, which the shocks and fat tires would absorb most of anyways.
But the really good frames made for jumping I am sure will last like this one
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s...104?color=293232-175104&searchText=76821-0002

Last edited:
Do you see some of the crazy jumps they are doing with those bikes, I am not surprised that after 100 jumps like that the frame can fail, for me my biggest jumps will be off curbs, which the shocks and fat tires would absorb most of anyways.
But the really good frames made for jumping I am sure will last like this one
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s...104?color=293232-175104&searchText=76821-0002
I think the bad rep comes from guys taking carbon bikes that are not designed to be an ebike, strapping a heavy motor and battery to it, and then go bombing down single track and wonder why the frame breaks.

I think the bad rep comes from guys taking carbon bikes that are not designed to be an ebike, strapping a heavy motor and battery to it, and then go bombing down single track and wonder why the frame breaks.
The resilience of carbon eMTB bikes is a valid question. I have followed a few of the Exess carbon e-bike videos, which is essentially the Travalanche. It appears to handle very rough terrain quite well and it gives me confidence that it will handle the kind of trails I am interested in. Here is an example: Facebook

I just asked Cerikote to color match this other Frey bike color: http://frey.bike/full-suspension-eMTB/Frey-EX.htm. Cerikote has a free service, colormatch.com, to match a picture that you supply.
Hope that comes out ok for ya. Pictures are funny when it comes to color reproduction. If I were you I'd go through the Cerakote site and find a color that looks like you want and then see if they have a lot of examples of it. By looking at their different pics I think you can get a better idea what the color actually looks like. :)

I agree. I received 7 swatches from Cerakote. The actual swatches look noticeably different than the swatch pictures on my monitor. Also I noticed that there is a big difference in Cerakote metallic versus matte colors, such as Burnt Bronze H-148 (metallic) versus Burnt Bronz C-148 (matte). I prefer the mettalic shade. I just ordered 3 more swatches.

Back