Opinions on good fitting ebike for people 6'3" to 6'6" ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4210

It seems there is a gap here in product offerings for reasonably priced ebikes that fit fairly tall people ?

Am I wrong ?

Preference is hub drive.

If you are in that height range and found a 'gem' please chime in.

Thanks

I'm in the taller range and end up adding a taller stem/riser and longer Seatpost.

Reactions: TMH
I'm in the taller range and end up adding a taller stem/riser and longer Seatpost.
Have done that for some, but often the ebike doesnt have enough cable length either on the electronics or brake cables. Also it's not just stack distance (height) but reach from seat to stem. I'm not good enough at that type of welding/painting to cut the bike and insert an extension. ;)

I’m 6’4”, started with a Juiced CCS, then a Haibike eMTB. Now I have a Vado and a new (2019] Haibike. All worked very well once I had the stems and bars dialed in.

Recently ordered from M2S. Their 2020 R750 All Terrain bike is offered in an XL 21” frame and 29” wheels. Still have to wait another 6 weeks for delivery but it’s one of the larger bikes I’ve found.

You should be okay on that out of the box. Upright geometry with conservative stem, bars high above the saddle. Bigger and taller is not always the answer though, I had an unpowered XXL Specialized MTB that was too long for me.

I think Juiced makes their Fat in XXL, might be a consideration too...

I'm tall and looked at bikes for quite some time. The few bikes I found that fit didn't have the options I wanted. I eventually gave up looking and picked a well optioned bike that could be modified for a better fit. Like FlatSix911, I added an extended length seat post and stem riser. As Mikes E-Bikes suggests, cable length can be an issue with these modifications. In my case, I chose a Pedego Interceptor with mustache handlebars and extra long cables. I also replaced the mustache with Jones H bars that have an additional 2.5" of rise.

If these mods aren't possible due to insufficient cable length on a bike you really like, consider this. Brake and shifter cables can be replaced without too much trouble. The electrical cables are another story. Some bikes have cable extenders available such as these for Bafang:

I would just add that if you are into a somewhat upright riding position, "reach" may not be that important. I'm 6'2" and bought a 26" w/mid size frame as I wanted to keep the bike as low as possible so this old man could get on and off it without too much trouble. Turned out to be a good move. I love it!

When I added the Jones bar for a more upright ride, i ordered the following cables for my Bafang. Gave me the few extra inches i needed. They arrived in less than a week.

Juiced has frame size XXL

crosscurrent-s-and-chart-2-2048x2048.jpg

It looks like Juiced got rid of their XXL size now. I have a 35" inseam and looking for a bigger bike as well at 6'1" (in my case I think the XL would probably still work ok).

Back