ONYX E-Bike Factory Tour

They do not even pretend that it is an e-bike. Yeah, it has pedals, and they are functional, but there is no pedal assist whatsoever.
str8up motorcycles! my head explodes every time i hear this company's name mentioned in the same breath as E-Bike!
the bikes top speed is 60mph! there are people(adults and kids) ripping on these things no license or ins, its a recipe for disaster.
just loose the friggin pedals. these guys are just trying to exploit a temporary loophole,cash in then ride off into the sunset.

Here is the latest review from Electrek... lots of updates with double the range and a real wood tank cover. ;)

Now the ONYX RCR is getting some long-requested updates to further improve the popular electric moped.
From this month on, all new ONYX RCR e-mopeds will now include the following new features:

• Hydraulic suspension fork for smoother articulation
  • CNC-manufactured triple-tree (those crowns holding the fork)
  • Reduced profile controls on the left handlebar with 5V USB charger
  • Reinforced rear swingarm with new passenger peg mounts
  • Updated rear dual-piston hydraulic disc brake
  • Adjustable seat mounts to accommodate different rider heights and seat designs
  • Quick-disconnect wiring harness for plug-and-play upgrades by end-user (including turn signal connectors)
  • Brighter display with a stronger bracket mount
  • Rubber battery mount that prevents battery movement while riding
  • New rosewood plywood covers with precision fit
In addition to the across-the-board upgrades above, there are also new upgrades that can be added as additional options:
  • Optional turn signals with low-profile, super-bright indicators
  • Optional larger 41 Ah (3 kWh) battery that doubles the stock battery size
  • Optional 10A fast charger for 50% charge in 1 hour or a full charge in 2.3 hours (for standard battery)
1605565432221.png

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting the CTY2 but I'm likely going to hold out for a little bit if I can before I pull the plug.This second version is apparently the same as the rcr, except that, I think that the program for torque is dialed down a little for a smoother take off. So not as torque y by design. Also, the display programs are apparently maxed out as is.
I hope that there will be accessory options for the cty2 like the rcr. I've seen a few reviews and a local dealer is taking pre-orders.

Last edited:
Total bs to call these ebikes. You want these on a bicycle trail with you? I sure don’t.
It depends who is riding them. Stop judging people because of how the bike makes you feel.
Have you seen the photos of seniors crashing their beloved Rads? Last photo I saw on a Rad group was of a woman in a cast on each of her wrists, with her brand new Rad ebike beside her. Her husband has to feed and toilet her for the next few months because she hit a curb too hard and the bike did not bounce up to meet the moment and she went over the handlebars. This doesn't seem to be an unusual incident with people starting out and on clunky entry level ebikes. And then there is the crowd that sneers at ebike riders using only the throttle. Listen, if you want to create niches, go back to grade school. I may be different in my bike riding behaviour, but I actually stop or slow down to a crawl when I am on a trail with non riders and animals. I always consider walkers as having the right of way. Having a high level of emotional intelligence can be common for bike riders as training continues with experience. Training may be needed - but not banning. That is kind of cancel culture ish don't you think? Don't like it, kill it. Right.

Non-gas travel is going through growing pains, which must include inclusion when city planning. I think in many cities and towns including a bike lane is now mandatory when making new roads. Many leisure paths were already built wide to include the use of maintenance vehicles for the paths by city workers, which makes the width convenient for sharing space.
Combining critical thinking styles when forming conclusions in city planning is better than blocking the flow of activity, which, like housing as we know, just pops up as a problem somewhere else. Stigmatizing much? We have to learn to include emerging needs in order to *create more* trail space. While creating change through conflict has always been the norm for humans, manybe this one time we can create change and more trail space in spite of conflicting views.
https://www.criticalthinking.com/articles/induction-vs.-deduction

Last edited:
Total bs to call these ebikes. You want these on a bicycle trail with you? I sure don’t.
After critically thinking about it I agree with you 100%. I put it these in the same catagory as a Suron or Segway. Anything capable of 60mph should be regulated under motorcycle laws. Definately not an eBike.

I don't care so much about the bike on a trail. Just the guy twisting the throttle on it, on the trail.
They look like they'd be a ton of fun, but many people simply cannot be trusted to exercise common sense. CN

Back