Online e bikes

Traffictime1

Looking to by an electric bike. Not many stores around and not many options. Next on my list is buying online. Trusted sites? Or companies? Help please!

I'm on my second attempt at finding and buying an e-bike.. I want to avoid buying online if at all possible but like you, I have no local dealers. I'm willing to travel up to two hours to find and purchase the bike I want and I'm STILL having trouble.. I suggest reading or watching as many reviews as you can before making a decision. Some online sellers do support their product, but I've read horror stories of ebikes that broke in some fashion and no response from the seller. Caveat Emptor

I'm on my second attempt at finding and buying an e-bike.. I want to avoid buying online if at all possible but like you, I have no local dealers. I'm willing to travel up to two hours to find and purchase the bike I want and I'm STILL having trouble.. I suggest reading or watching as many reviews as you can before making a decision. Some online sellers do support their product, but I've read horror stories of ebikes that broke in some fashion and no response from the seller. Caveat Emptor

DDBB & TT1
There is a dealer in Madison WI that sells hundreds of makes and models. If you are in MI, it may be worth your while to take a ride over to the shop and do some test rides.

Decide on the type of bike that best fits your needs and work from there. Some Direct to Consumer companies focus on a certain market segment of ebike riders and others take a something for everyone approach. Rad Power Bikes offers several options for trying out their bikes on their Where to Ride page. Voltbike has their Ambassador program that puts prospective buyers in touch with owners who are willing to let them try their bike. Nothing beats a test ride even if it means taking a road trip.

Yes, I'm familiar with crazy Lenny's but it's 447mi. one way... I'd love to visit that store though

Traffictime, there is a Crazy Lennys in Winter Garden, although I don't know the size of that shop, nor have I been to Madison in several years. However, we had what I thought was a nice buying experience in Madison. We were not looking for the higher end models, and they had product that met our budget.

None of the local bike shops where I am sell ebikes. I decided to buy online from Blix. They have free shipping and 30 days return policy, plus they shipped to my local store, not to me. I liked that better, since I'll need my local shop to tune-up. So far, that has worked out fine. I would love to be in a place like LA where you can try a dozen bikes, but I'm not. So, circumstances kinda dictated how to buy.

Yes, I'm familiar with crazy Lenny's but it's 447mi. one way... I'd love to visit that store though
Definitely worth a weekend trip. Over 200 eBikes on the floor, city paved trail right behind the store.

Looking to by an electric bike. Not many stores around and not many options. Next on my list is buying online. Trusted sites? Or companies? Help please!
No stores near in Florida? I'd guess that state would have the most! Every on-line seller has issues. Most just take it from the container and slap a shipping sticker on it. Add in shipping damage and poor Chinese quality control, and everyone is a crap shoot.

fly san diego rides

They were who I ordered my HaiBikes from. Very nice folks there and bikes shipped out reasonably quick and have had no issues with the bikes.

I also talked to the big online seller in Wisconsin and was considering buying from him as well. I order from Fly rides, because they promised me they take the bikes out of the box when they get them and they check the bikes over and do whatever adjustments are needed and rebox and ship out. Felt like I would have less chance of opening a box and finding a flaw or issue with my bike.

fly san diego rides

They were who I ordered my HaiBikes from. Very nice folks there and bikes shipped out reasonably quick and have had no issues with the bikes.

I also talked to the big online seller in Wisconsin and was considering buying from him as well. I order from Fly rides, because they promised me they take the bikes out of the box when they get them and they check the bikes over and do whatever adjustments are needed and rebox and ship out. Felt like I would have less chance of opening a box and finding a flaw or issue with my bike.

Yeah, good call. My first question out of the gate to retailers. The dealer in Madison, WI claims they do a run through of the bike before shipment. I received both of mine from them in perfect condition with no tuning necessary.

Yeah, good call. My first question out of the gate to retailers. The dealer in Madison, WI claims they do a run through of the bike before shipment. I received both of mine from them in perfect condition with no tuning necessary.

I would have ordered from him had I not ordered from fly rides.... I think the other reason I picked fly rides was they are located real close to HAIBIKES warehouse and they would have the bike from haibike sooner than the guy in WI. so therefore they would be able to unbox and check bike over and ship out to me sooner. Seemed like I would get the bike in my hands sooner, or at least that was what I was lead to believe. Both shops offered the same pricing and discounts.

Look on this forum in the bikes by brand section, and look for good customer service experiences.

I did that...admittedly it took a while, but ended up with Rad Power, for the reason above.

Back