Online E-Bikes - is it a scam?

One aspect that is a "scam" is the review and endorsement and influencer ecosystem.

On the review front, take a company like Velotric

The product reviews on their website are fully BS.
They screen and filter them and refuse to post anything other than "100% positive reviews".

I think it's unethical
I personally have tried to submit 3 different reviews at times, each with a different spin on things, even up to a 4 out of 5 stars....

They never post them.

I've heard from others on FB and on reddit who've experienced the same.
I think it's so wrong to only allow through "reviews" that are so overwhelmingly positive it almost defies belief...and then project those as "reviews" on the product pages.

One aspect that is a "scam" is the review and endorsement and influencer ecosystem.

They screen and filter them and refuse to post anything other than "100% positive reviews".

I think it's unethical
I personally have tried to submit 3 different reviews at times, each with a different spin on things, even up to a 4 out of 5 stars....

They never post them.

I think it's so wrong to only allow through "reviews" that are so overwhelmingly positive it almost defies belief...and then project those as "reviews" on the product pages.
That's why you don't like at reviews on the manufacturer sites, but looks on e.g. google, which is "somewhat" more impartial, and pay more attention to the issues highlighted in the negative reviews.

I think it's unethical

They never post them.

Its just business lol, not sure why any company would post a review on their own site that was anything less than 5 stars.
Velotric is no different than anyone else.

Its just business lol, not sure why any company would post a review on their own site that was anything less than 5 stars.
Velotric is no different than anyone else.

It not "business", it's a lack of ethics

To quote a user from the third party Facebook group for Velotric:

Unlike most business, there isn’t an option for a 3rd party collection of objective reviews on a Google business page, either.

These are product reviews that (Velotric) presenting as an objective representation of the product as a whole.
Owning the website doesn’t have anything to do with manipulating the denominator so that you have a near 100% recommended rating.

It doesn’t say “read only the good things that people are saying.”

It’s a deceptive business practice that erodes consumer trust, and it’s widespread enough that the FTC is proposing rules regarding review fraud.

If you can’t take the negative, then present customer highlights, but don’t pretend to be presenting objective scores from reviews.

How is manipulation of customer feedback that is presented as objective not deceptive?
Is deception not unethical?

Back