One Bike

cleo1943

I want to put forth the notion of "one bike": A bike for commuting, as well as mountain biking. Riese Moeller makes a commuter bike with mountain bike suspension and dual batteries. The problem is that it costs ten thousand dollars, making it cost prohibitive for many folks, including me. I don't understand why one of the American companies does not offer such a bike, since RM has proved that a market exists for such a bike. I bought a Vado 1.0. I was able to sell my car, and since I live on social security, this was helpful. I have put over two thousand miles on the Vado in eight months and I am happy with the bike, except that I can't use it to go mountain biking. If an electric bike was available similar to the RM "Delite," I believe is the model, for even six or seven thousand, I would sell my Vado and upgrade. Also, RM has an option for a carbon belt drive instead of a chain and derailleurs.

There IS one: Giant Explore+ 👍

I know, I probly wouldn't call it a 'mountain bike' either. A really good e-mtb isn't going to be a very good commuter or bike-lane bike - they're kind of mutually exclusive in application. ;)

I'm looking for something similar. One bike that I'm interested in is the Moustache Samedi 27 XRoad FS 5.
It comes with full suspension, Gen 4 Bosch Performance CX motor, 625Wh battery, and Hutchinson Python tires, which are, I think, a good compromise between road and dirt.
It's not as expensive as an equivenent R&M model, but it's also far from cheap.

I would take the yamaha one. I'm looking at my CC balance right now... 🤣
Laughing at your last sentence Chris 🤣
Why not Yamaha. I really wonder how noisy Yamaha motors are. Brose motors are totally silent. I tried to listen to any noise of my Brose motor but the wind was always louder... 😊

One bike that I'm interested in is the Moustache Samedi 27 XRoad FS 5.
Did you do more research on Moustache e-bikes, @Deacon Blues? Which models of theirs are high speed (Class 3, S-Pedelec)?
I cannot avoid noticing the respected R&M bikes are still Bosch Gen 2 while Moustache use Gen 4 motors.

I checked out the Moustache Samedi 27 and the Friday 27, they look like great bikes, only catch is, they will not be available in the Speed version (28mph) until spring 2020.

What kind of fun is just one bike? That's Commie talk. LOL Seriously, mtb and commuting have very different requirements. Mtb needs instant response on the pedals when on roots and rocks, perfect balance, dropper seat post, wide handlebars, knobby tires with puncture resistance, low gearing, and for me flat gripper pedals. Commuting needs fenders, mirror, clip pedals, quiet rain tires, high gearing for top speed, 28mph assist, and can use a cadence sensor since instant response isn't necessary. I can't see the overlap that allows a single bike to be made to do those two opposite requirements.

Back