Once the 25 km/h speed limit hits....and you want to go faster

ebikebob

Hello, another total newbie question here.
I think many bikes get you to 25 km/h over here. But there are also 7 speeds to choose from when pedaling. So if I'm using a throttle to 25 km/h and I also pedal at the same time, about how fast can I go?
30 km/h or 35 km/h? I'm talking about just an average person. I feel like sometimes to flow with traffic even 30 km/h would help.
I've seen some bikes that have 21 speeds in addition to a 25 km/h speed limit via throttle. Would buying a 21 speed help me to go faster than 25 km/h? I want to do this for a few hundred meters at a time.

Thank you

It is not 7 "speeds," it is 7 gears. The number is mostly meaningless with regards to going faster. More gears does not make the bike go faster; if anything, it makes the bike go slower, because the additional gears are lower ratios (for climbing hills.)

The motor and gears is not cumulative either; you can't throttle up to 25 km/h and pedal to make the bike go faster. In other words, once you get to 25 km/h, the motor is no longer helping...any speed above that is all you. So if you want to go faster, you need a motor with a higher speed restriction, or a motor that has been tuned to remove the lower restriction.

My Voltbike Bravo does 32-36 kph on throttle only....and I can easily reach 40-42 kph in PAS level 9 and 7th gear on flat ground...

I think many bikes get you to 25 km/h over here. But there are also 7 speeds to choose from when pedaling. So if I'm using a throttle to 25 km/h and I also pedal at the same time, about how fast can I go?
Many ebikes (in the USA) will get you to 45 kmh. You're in China, I don't know about speed limits there.
Throttle often has lower max speed than on max PAS level. If you pedal on throttle, you can add maybe 5 or 10 kmh. Or - nothing. Depends on the terrain and how fast you are already going.

Back