ODK U350 motor problem

Edd

Hi, I am running into an issue with my new ODK 350 and I was hoping someone with more experience than I have could help me troubleshoot it.

I got my bike in early October. I think it was one of the last ones sold before everything went out of stock.

Last week I started having an issue with the motor kicking in randomly. Sometimes I have the bike parked and push the button to turn it on, and the front tire will start spinning on its own. Nothing is touching the throttle, so I know it isn't that. Using the breaks to cut the motor helps stop it, but as soon as I release the breaks it starts up again and I have to turn the whole thing off. Sometimes this happens when I am riding. Happened at a stop sign once and it almost shot me out into traffic. Scared the crud out of me.

I remember reading somewhere about someone having some sort of issues like this and it being due to water. I do ride in the rain, quite a bit. But when it is parked outside it has a cover, and I keep it in my apartment when I am home.

Anybody got any ideas on what I should do? I am intending to contact Juiced for some help, and to try and get the bike to a shop, but I don't really have a way to get it there without riding it at the moment.

Hi, I am running into an issue with my new ODK 350 and I was hoping someone with more experience than I have could help me troubleshoot it.

I got my bike in early October. I think it was one of the last ones sold before everything went out of stock.

Last week I started having an issue with the motor kicking in randomly. Sometimes I have the bike parked and push the button to turn it on, and the front tire will start spinning on its own. Nothing is touching the throttle, so I know it isn't that. Using the breaks to cut the motor helps stop it, but as soon as I release the breaks it starts up again and I have to turn the whole thing off. Sometimes this happens when I am riding. Happened at a stop sign once and it almost shot me out into traffic. Scared the crud out of me.

I remember reading somewhere about someone having some sort of issues like this and it being due to water. I do ride in the rain, quite a bit. But when it is parked outside it has a cover, and I keep it in my apartment when I am home.

Anybody got any ideas on what I should do? I am intending to contact Juiced for some help, and to try and get the bike to a shop, but I don't really have a way to get it there without riding it at the moment.

Could be an electric gremlin. I have helped friend who had similar problem. We removed all the power connections and put it back together. It resolved the problem luckily. Basically, the throttle cable is sending signals when it shouldn't.
Replacing a throttle cable is super cheap.

Wow, you rock for responding so quickly. I'll go through and disconnect the cables and reconnect them.

If the throttle cable went bad, that should be covered under the warranty, right?

Edit: Found a loose cable when I was disconnecting and reconnecting them all. It seems to have at least fixed the problem with start up. As soon as I have a chance to take it for a road test I will. Again, thank you so much.

Last edited:
Yeah Ravi is right, if there is a short in the wire either due to the bending back and fourth too many times or not solid connection, the throttle my have intermittent response. It is something like your headphones that has a short in the cable. If it is not the connection wire harness should be swapped out. Contact support and we can solve it.

Tora, thanks for the response. It appears it was indeed a loose cable. Everything is tightened down now and no more unexpected acceleration.

On a side note, from what I've read, you are the founder of Juiced and the designer of the ODK, right? I wanted to let you know that I love my bike.

Back